Durring Coolant Flush Temp question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 10:15 AM
NOT a Democrat

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Durring Coolant Flush Temp question

Are YINZ letting the motor cool inbettween flushes. Example, after running restore for an hour, are you just draining and running water for the next flush right away?

Or are you letting it cool down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Premium Member

How fast are you? LOL

I bled off the pressure and let the drain plug drain as much as it could. ( that was the second time)

The first time I did the flush, I thought I had let it cool long enough. Drained radiator, water felt cool enough.

Opened the drain plug on the driver side block, and well what do you know, that water wasn't nearly as cool!!! And I'm not that fast moving out from under the truck.

be careful! You might get burned ( you don't have to ask me how I know, I just told you )
Old 04-22-2011, 10:36 AM
NOT a Democrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdriven2liv View Post
How fast are you? LOL

I bled off the pressure and let the drain plug drain as much as it could. ( that was the second time)

The first time I did the flush, I thought I had let it cool long enough. Drained radiator, water felt cool enough.

Opened the drain plug on the driver side block, and well what do you know, that water wasn't nearly as cool!!! And I'm not that fast moving out from under the truck.

be careful! You might get burned ( you don't have to ask me how I know, I just told you )
Well, I did a 6L flush on a friends truck this summer. I was worried about putting cold tap water back in after the drain. Now that I am doing my truck, I am extra worried about that.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well when i did mine i removed the t/stat but when i ran the Restore and Restore+ i placed cardboard 2 strips in front of the radiator to get it to 185-190* ran that way for about 60 min then then pulled the cardboard ran tell it cooled down then drained by then the block was cool to add distilled water then ran 5-10 min on each flush the temp only went to around 117-120* by the time i was ready for the next flush it was cool.
2 stroker
Old 04-22-2011, 12:12 PM
NOT a Democrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 stroker View Post
Well when i did mine i removed the t/stat but when i ran the Restore and Restore+ i placed cardboard 2 strips in front of the radiator to get it to 185-190* ran that way for about 60 min then then pulled the cardboard ran tell it cooled down then drained by then the block was cool to add distilled water then ran 5-10 min on each flush the temp only went to around 117-120* by the time i was ready for the next flush it was cool.
2 stroker
Good point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.