Will these be to HOT for my wires ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-22-2011, 03:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Antonio TX ..
Posts: 2,512
Thanks: 24
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Will these be to HOT for my wires ?

If using the stock oem wires and HD lights will they get to hot ?

PIAA H13 Xtreme White Plus Bulb Twin Pack 4000K 19618 | eBay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 04-22-2011, 06:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 220
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PIAA bulbs/lights are generally overpriced hot garbage. There are far better bulbs out there which have higher reliability.

Hella, Narva, Sylvania, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 04-24-2011, 02:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Antonio TX ..
Posts: 2,512
Thanks: 24
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks ! I have the H13 Silverstars now and they work good .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 04-24-2011, 06:06 AM
NOT a Democrat
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Robinson Twp PA (Pittsburgh)
Posts: 4,509
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hickman View Post
Thanks ! I have the H13 Silverstars now and they work good .
How much brighter are they? People think you have your beems on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-24-2011, 06:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pasadena MD
Posts: 218
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
go with this HID kit and dont look back... Super easy to install and much better price. Great light output! They have a light chart on there so you can pick the output you prefer

*Admin edit: remove non-sponsor link*

just pick your proper bulbs out!

I have these guys kits on my motorcycle, truck, and car

Last edited by Evil Eye; 04-25-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-25-2011, 01:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Antonio TX ..
Posts: 2,512
Thanks: 24
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
With the silverstars I do get people flash me back thinking I have my hi's on. I did lower mine do to the lift but they still are brighter than oem .. I would buy them again ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-25-2011, 07:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 220
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is probably going to instigate a flame war...but putting HID kits on vehicles without the proper reflector setup, or even better, a projector retrofit is not, in any way, a safe way of upgrading to HID lighting. It's illegal, causes a tremendous amount of glare for other drivers especially on trucks like a Super Duty given the higher height, and in some cases, especially in inclement weather, can actually reduce the amount of usable light you have.

If you wanna go HID, do it properly: Retrofit in projectors designed for use with HID lightning systems. Yes, it's more expensive but you'll be doing yourself, and your fellow drivers a huge favor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 04-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pasadena MD
Posts: 218
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieldo View Post
This is probably going to instigate a flame war...but putting HID kits on vehicles without the proper reflector setup, or even better, a projector retrofit is not, in any way, a safe way of upgrading to HID lighting. It's illegal, causes a tremendous amount of glare for other drivers especially on trucks like a Super Duty given the higher height, and in some cases, especially in inclement weather, can actually reduce the amount of usable light you have.

If you wanna go HID, do it properly: Retrofit in projectors designed for use with HID lightning systems. Yes, it's more expensive but you'll be doing yourself, and your fellow drivers a huge favor.
In my 2001, I have no issues with light output, driving in rain, snow and various other conditions I have had much better light output then the stock light configurations. I do not know how it effects other drivers but my concern is how well I can see and these do a great job of lighting up the road.

I use 6k 55w bulbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 06-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: illinois
Posts: 117
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnabs View Post
In my 2001, I have no issues with light output, driving in rain, snow and various other conditions I have had much better light output then the stock light configurations. I do not know how it effects other drivers but my concern is how well I can see and these do a great job of lighting up the road.

I use 6k 55w bulbs.
Way to not care about other drivers safety

I had Plug-n-Play hids for about 2 days. I drove at night one time with them. Got flashed a few times, the beam pattern was complete garbage. I couldn't see what the rage was about those things. Complete junk. Now I'm working on a proper retro-fit. Hidplanet is a great place to learn. You should try it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors