Thoughts about my new 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Thoughts about my new 6.0

Well I bought my 6.0 a few months and have been very pleased so far. Let me back up first. I actually traded my 08 6.4 for a 06 6.0 with a guy from GA. The truck plus a hunk of cash too. I know crazy right! I was actually looking to sell my 08 to get rid of a huge truck note. Me and the wife were trying to get rid of some bills. So I ran across this deal and couldnt resist. I didnt know anything about diesels before my 6.4 and certainly didnt know anything about the 6.0 besides its bad rap. The truck was already bullet proofed so that took care of any doubt I had about the 6.0. Its been 3 months now I absolutely love the truck. It took a while to grow on me and I dont think I said a word for about three days after I watched my 6.4 pull out my driveway for the last time. My wife would just look at me and say "are you ok" haha. I literally get twice as many people stop me and say man thats a nice truck than I did with my 08. Maybe cuz its 2" higher? I'am learning more and more about this truck and engine every day. Thanks to the org of course. I will say this, i do miss the serious power the 6.4 had with just a tune and dpf delete. But hey the note is $250 less and the interest rate is almost half of what it was from ford credit. And I still have an awesome powerstroke. It dont get much better than that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2011, 11:34 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by amb82 View Post
Well I bought my 6.0 a few months and have been very pleased so far. Let me back up first. I actually traded my 08 6.4 for a 06 6.0 with a guy from GA. The truck plus a hunk of cash too. I know crazy right! I was actually looking to sell my 08 to get rid of a huge truck note. Me and the wife were trying to get rid of some bills. So I ran across this deal and couldnt resist. I didnt know anything about diesels before my 6.4 and certainly didnt know anything about the 6.0 besides its bad rap. The truck was already bullet proofed so that took care of any doubt I had about the 6.0. Its been 3 months now I absolutely love the truck. It took a while to grow on me and I dont think I said a word for about three days after I watched my 6.4 pull out my driveway for the last time. My wife would just look at me and say "are you ok" haha. I literally get twice as many people stop me and say man thats a nice truck than I did with my 08. Maybe cuz its 2" higher? I'am learning more and more about this truck and engine every day. Thanks to the org of course. I will say this, i do miss the serious power the 6.4 had with just a tune and dpf delete. But hey the note is $250 less and the interest rate is almost half of what it was from ford credit. And I still have an awesome powerstroke. It dont get much better than that
Congratulations on the new ride there are a few things is see you need
1. Coolant fliter to remove the casting sand and junk
2. Fuel pressure gauge under 45lbs at WOT kills injectors.
3. Gauges something like the Edge insight to check temps the most important one is the difference in EOT-ECT max 15* i think at 10* your cooler are starting to get plugged.
4. Oil by-pass if you are going to keep it for the long haul cleans the oil to 2 microns.
These motors love Syn oil do a coolant flush and install ELC coolant good for 300k use only Ford or Racor filter.
2 stroker
Old 04-22-2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 stroker View Post
Congratulations on the new ride there are a few things is see you need
1. Coolant fliter to remove the casting sand and junk
2. Fuel pressure gauge under 45lbs at WOT kills injectors.
3. Gauges something like the Edge insight to check temps the most important one is the difference in EOT-ECT max 15* i think at 10* your cooler are starting to get plugged.
4. Oil by-pass if you are going to keep it for the long haul cleans the oil to 2 microns.
These motors love Syn oil do a coolant flush and install ELC coolant good for 300k use only Ford or Racor filter.
2 stroker
I already have a coolant filter and fuel pressure gauge. I will probably do the oil by-pass soon and as far as the ELC coolant I am still researching this to get a better understanding on doing this myself before I change it out. Thanks for the info
Old 04-22-2011, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

You need to be monitoring ECT and EOT (coolant and oil temps) so you know the state of the oil cooler. The Edge Insight is your best bang for the buck there. If you don't want to spend the money look into the Scangauge II.

With those tunes and the Powermax you should be able to whip up on a stock 6.4 easily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.