48 volts - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 09:04 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
48 volts

Well after watching the FICM voltage on the EDGE going from a 24 volt low to a 48 volt high for the last two weeks, I finally got the dash light to come on. The only code up till yesterday was P0611 and truck was running fine. No hard start or rough idle. When i fired it up last night to run home from work the light came on before i got out of the parking lot. Checked the codes and had each injector and the FICM. So i took off at lunch today and stopped by my local ford dealer (listed on extended warranty site for service) Told the service writer what i had and he said no problem, that warranty will take care of it BUT he says "ohoh i think to myself here it comes," you still have 2 months on the factory warranty, I have it in stock, and I got a tech with nothing to do, if you have the time we can do it now for $0.00 out the door. bout 2 hours later i am looking at 47.5 to 48.5 for the next 37 miles home.
Thank you Sound
Good day today. He also printed me a Oases report. For Free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Congrats!!!! Sounds like you got a great deal to me!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:57 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thread Hijack, next question and comment.

I think i can hijack my own thread. and give it a
So i got 60,000 on the truck now and when the dealer did the FICM i had them flush the transmission and do the filters at the same time. today i changed the oil, filter, and fuel filters. First time i seen a 5 gal. bucket fill up from one oil change
Oil filter and engine fuel filters were a slam dunk. But who thought up the location for the frame filter on the pump
First you got a drive line 1 1/2" away, then the cross-member 6 " behind and to top it off, a fuel line routed down the side of the thing. It took me more time to replace that filter then to do the rest of the job.
Well, i did have to make a wrench to fit the housing, oh and the last oil change that it had before i bought it they used a NAPA filter and cap, the dealer let me know about it when they did the FICM so luckily i picked the Motocraft cap up as i left. It would have sucked today to find the Racor filter would not work with the NAPA cap. Of course i ordered the filters from the Diesel filters online site 3 weeks ago for this day.
SO to the point, the next thing i want to do it change the coolant to ELC but my temperature delta is good so I am afraid if i flush it i could kill the oil cooler. Should i just flush 2 - 3 times with distilled water and add the new or should i do something different?

And by the way, this must be the most helpful site i have ever come across. thank you all for all the help and suggestions i have seen reading all of these posts.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Next time pick up one of these for the HFCM filter, that cap is 36mm so is the oil filter cap. The upper fuel filter is a 24mm. It makes filter changes much easier.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=110279_0_0_
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.