Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

48 volts

867 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Lilpooh 
#1 ·
Well after watching the FICM voltage on the EDGE going from a 24 volt low to a 48 volt high for the last two weeks,:dunno: I finally got the dash light to come on. The only code up till yesterday was P0611 and truck was running fine. No hard start or rough idle. When i fired it up last night to run home from work the light came on before i got out of the parking lot.:doh: Checked the codes and had each injector and the FICM. So i took off at lunch today and stopped by my local ford dealer (listed on extended warranty site for service) Told the service writer what i had and he said no problem, that warranty will take care of it BUT he says "ohoh i think to myself here it comes," you still have 2 months on the factory warranty, I have it in stock, and I got a tech with nothing to do, if you have the time we can do it now for $0.00 out the door.:woot: bout 2 hours later i am looking at 47.5 to 48.5 for the next 37 miles home.:hehe:
Thank you Sound :icon_ford:
Good day today. He also printed me a Oases report. For Free:nod:

#2 ·
Congrats!!!! Sounds like you got a great deal to me! :thumb:

#3 ·
Thread Hijack, next question and comment.

I think i can hijack my own thread. and give it a :bump:
So i got 60,000 on the truck now and when the dealer did the FICM i had them flush the transmission and do the filters at the same time. today i changed the oil, filter, and fuel filters. First time i seen a 5 gal. bucket fill up from one oil change:crazy:
Oil filter and engine fuel filters were a slam dunk. But who thought up the location for the frame filter on the pump:doh:
First you got a drive line 1 1/2" away, then the cross-member 6 " behind and to top it off, a fuel line routed down the side of the thing. It took me more time to replace that filter then to do the rest of the job.:hehe:
Well, i did have to make a wrench to fit the housing, oh and the last oil change that it had before i bought it they used a NAPA filter and cap, the dealer let me know about it when they did the FICM so luckily i picked the Motocraft cap up as i left. It would have sucked today to find the Racor filter would not work with the NAPA cap. Of course i ordered the filters from the Diesel filters online site 3 weeks ago for this day.
SO to the point, the next thing i want to do it change the coolant to ELC but my temperature delta is good so I am afraid if i flush it i could kill the oil cooler. Should i just flush 2 - 3 times with distilled water and add the new or should i do something different?

And by the way, this must be the most helpful site i have ever come across. thank you all for all the help and suggestions i have seen reading all of these posts.

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.