another ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
another ?

OK everyone had the truck since feb and done a bunch of stuff thanks to the .org . Rotella t6, new racor filters all through tuned, piped,an others. my question now is I ordered an external trans filter also, I want to have the trans flushed with one of them flushing machines not just a drain anf fill, What trans flued should I go and dose any boy know how mush is need to do a total flush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Premium Member

Mercon SP was the Standard, but Ford has decided to go with Mercon LV. They can be mixed.

TRANSMISSION FLUID
If you're only going to drain the transmission from the plug, you'll need 7-8 quarts of fluid. If you drop the pan, you will need 8-9 quarts of fluid, depending on how much drains. If you want to do a full change you'll need at least 18 quarts. Your truck doesn't have a drain plug in the torque converter, you'll need to do a flush to get all the fluid out.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Mercon LV is what Ford recommends. If switching to synthetic Redline D6 looks to be the best option.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Mercon LV is what Ford recommends. If switching to synthetic Redline D6 looks to be the best option.
Just FYI, Mercon SP and LV are both synthetics. Perhaps you were meaning an aftermarket synthetic.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Eye View Post
Just FYI, Mercon SP and LV are both synthetics. Perhaps you were meaning an aftermarket synthetic.
Evil Eye, were you in Chandler on Tuesday? I live in Pittsburgh but work in PHX now and then. I saw what looked just like your truck. I was in a 2010 Crown Victoria, if it was you, you slowed down when you saw me!
Old 04-21-2011, 07:44 AM
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
Evil Eye, were you in Chandler on Tuesday? I live in Pittsburgh but work in PHX now and then. I saw what looked just like your truck. I was in a 2010 Crown Victoria, if it was you, you slowed down when you saw me!
Small world, but not me this time. We have a TON of white Super Duties here in PHX, and EVERYONE wants to be like me...

Sounds like you were rolling pimp style in the Crown Vic! How much longer are you in town? If you are here this weekend, maybe we can organize a small get together.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Eye View Post
Small world, but not me this time. We have a TON of white Super Duties here in PHX, and EVERYONE wants to be like me...

Sounds like you were rolling pimp style in the Crown Vic! How much longer are you in town? If you are here this weekend, maybe we can organize a small get together.
There are just stright up a lot of 6.0s around here. I was having a cigar last night at the pool and heard at least 3 (or the same truck just driving around) stright piped 6L on the road.

I wish I was here for the weekend, leaving in a few hours. A friend of mine wanted to go out on a boat this weekend. He also has a 6L (220,000 miles on the clock).

I will e-mail you next time I am in town.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:53 AM
Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
There are just stright up a lot of 6.0s around here. I was having a cigar last night at the pool and heard at least 3 (or the same truck just driving around) stright piped 6L on the road.

I wish I was here for the weekend, leaving in a few hours. A friend of mine wanted to go out on a boat this weekend. He also has a 6L (220,000 miles on the clock).

I will e-mail you next time I am in town.
Travel safe and next time you are in town, dinner will be on me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.