05 oil leak-leaks...HELP PLEASE - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
05 oil leak-leaks...HELP PLEASE

i recently just got my 2nd 6.0....the first one i had i got when it only had 58000 miles and poured the coals to it and never had a problem one actually never lifted a head gasket but sold it as soon as it hit 98000 miles just before the warranty ran out then i tried going back to a gas burner (F-150).....couldnt stand it so i found a super good deal on a 05 F-250 Lariat four door with the 20'' new style harley wheels and got it for 6000 due to it having 265000 miles and a few good oil leaks....truck runs drives and looks like a brand new one other than the oil leaks and long hot start ups.....ok so here we go...last week end with the help of a good friend of mine that is a jam up 6.0 mechanic we tore the truck down and put 4'' turbo back straight pipe exhaust....egr delete (put a plug in the original one and welded it up)...took the oil cooler off and hpop cleaned them very well and installed new o-ring kits from ford in both.....well truck still has oil leaks and long hot starts.....oil leaks are not as bad but still there.....well next weekend since the oil leaks are still there we are gonna pull the cab and heads and put in studs....he said the only other thing he would say could be leaking would be the stand pipe? i have been reading up on all the other related threads and see where alot of guys are talking about a branch tube and oil rail o-rings and dummy plug o-rings? what all else should i buy to make darn sure we get this problem fixed while the cab is off? oil looks to be leaking and running down both sides of the bell housing from the back....this truck was a one owner and the hpop was already replaced at 215000 by ford. also any ideas or a phone number on where to order the victor reinz head gaskets and what size dowels do i have (.018 or .020) the door sticker says manufacture date was 08/2005....thanks for the help guys and any part numbers would be greatly appreiciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 06:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Another place to look for oil leaks is the bed plate look on page 38 http://www.fordtechservice.dealercon...03-25-Book.pdf
and for the hard start i would check the FICM weak batteries will kill these.
2 stroker
Old 04-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
And replace the STC fitting.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

stc fitting was updated last w.e. when we pulled the hpop and oil cooler to put o ring kits in them and do an egr delete....i bought the dummie plugs today and was gonna order new stand pipes and a branch tube kit as well...anything else i may need to order so i can have it on hand to fix while we have the cab off doing head gaskets/studs? and a cheaper place to order the parts other than dealer would also be ni e?
Old 08-26-2011, 04:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Just reading through this thread it appears the OP has an exterior oil leak. Any leak on the HPOP system wouldn't be detected visually would they, wouldn't in just loose high pressure oil back into the engine oil?

I found this as I've just started leaking a decent amount of oil which appears to be around the oil pan seal but from the little reading so far it sound way worst as a bed pan seal?

Any update from the OP as to what you found wrong?
Old 08-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyboy View Post
also any ideas or a phone number on where to order the victor reinz head gaskets and what size dowels do i have (.018 or .020) the door sticker says manufacture date was 08/2005....thanks for the help guys and any part numbers would be greatly appreiciated
I got the VR gaskets from rock auto. I too have an 05 and my dowels were 18s.
There is a parts list in my thread about HG and HPO replair.
No start when warmed up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.