Flush your coolant! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Flush your coolant!

Whether your Pro ELC or Pro Ford Gold, I'd still recommend flushing your system and installing a coolant filter. I may have been a little to late, hence the reason my rigs' in the shop getting a new oil cooler, EGR cooler, and headgaskets.

Initial draining of the system, before I installed a coolant filter. This WAS a clean jug.

This was towards the end of the drain. Mmmmm casting sand.

First jug: Initial drain. Second jug: First flush. Third jug: After adding VC-9

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2011, 08:57 AM

Great pix! Keep em coming through the process.

Roger
Old 04-18-2011, 11:25 AM

This coming weekend is truck weekend!

Last Friday I picked up a gallon each of Restore and Restore Plus from Cummins. Also got 5 gallons of Zerex ELC Concentrate (to have 1 on hand for spare) and a few new coolant filters. Just have to pick up a new thermostat (going to change it to be proactive and since I'm going to remove it for flushing), cases of distilled water and I'll be set for this weekend!

Plans are to drain out, flush with tap water to get as much of the regular coolant out, Restore Plus followed by more flushing with tap followed by Restore and then flushing with distilled. Then, last but not least, new thermostat and fill with 4 gallons Zerex ELC and distilled water to top it off.

After all this is done, will change the oil to Amsoil 5-40 and installing Firestone Ride-Rite on the rear.

Fun will be had this weekend!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:00 AM

Wow. Your jug comparison is amazing. I did 5 flushes of just the radiator (short on time / quick job after work) and it was coming out somewhat clear. Once I got time on saturday I did 2 full flushes pulling the plug on the block and both times it looked like jug #2. Going to do Restore and Restore plus flushes this weekend. Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.