doing an 03 turbo today... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
doing an 03 turbo today...

so im eating my lunch and posting this while my truck sits in 100 friggin pieces trying to get my friggin turbo off, i have an 06, and im putting an 03 turbo on, talk about what a massive pain in the *** this is! first i start pulling the intercooler pipe off, came off really easy and spills oil all over my drive way, okay now im ready to slap someone, then i start pulling off intake parts, wouldnt ya just know it i broke the tube that bolts to the turbo. sob now im getting pissed. then im get the down pipe loose and the clamp for the up pipe loose but will the up pipe budge even a little bit hell no why would something like that work out for me??? grrr i want to take a torch and cut this sob out okay rant over i feel better now. any advice on how to get this damn thing out plz reply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Have a brewski or two, twist up one of those left handed cigarettes, and take your time. Those V-band clamps can be a bear to get off if they've never been off before. You definitely need patience when working on these.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

+1 on what PGreenSVT has to say ....
I followed his and others advise on here when I did my Mods.. it can be a pain but don't get too flustered where you start to break things . I did my '03 swap in about an hour or so ...maybe I just got lucky ?
Patience Grasshopper !!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
This stuff will be your best friend for those clamps, spray it and give it about 10 minutes, mine actually popped off by themselves

Old 04-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboStroker View Post
This stuff will be your best friend for those clamps, spray it and give it about 10 minutes, mine actually popped off by themselves

I was just about to post that... I sprayed mine after loosening them and about 30 seconds later I heard them go pop...
Old 04-18-2011, 11:15 AM
information regurgitator

If its just the clamp, loosen it up to where you can get the "T" bolt out of the way.
Get a screwdriver and place it where the two ends of the clamp comes together and give it a tap with a hammer. It'll pop right open.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.