Trucks in the shop. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trucks in the shop.

Since I installed my Edge Insight, Ive slowly watched my temp delta between EOT and ECT increase. It started out at 6* and yesterday hit 11*. I went out to do some routine maintenance this morning, and saw that the degass bottle had blown some coolant in the engine bay. I pulled the EGR valve (which I had just cleaned 1500 miles ago), and noticed it had gooey residue, not dry. Looking down into the intake, I noticed gooey residue as well. Not pooled, but definately not dry. Im pretty sure my oil cooler is on its way out, and my EGR cooler may have a leak, so I dropped it off at the dealership a few minutes ago. I have an aftermarket warranty, so my fingers are crossed. If the warranty doesnt cover it, it looks like im busting out the credit card and dropping some big money on having it fully BulletProofed. Now I have to play the waiting game on the phonecall from the dealership. We'll see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Good luck. You gonna do the work yourself if it's not covered?
Old 04-16-2011, 11:45 AM

Absolutely.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Mod Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah77 View Post
Absolutely.
I'm gonna be doing an EGR delete and new oil cooler this summer.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:31 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think I might be in the same boat. Been watching my delta and especially when I go up a particular hill I drive daily. Before my coolant change EOT would only get to about 202 and ECT 198, as its been gradually getting higher I hit 208 EOT and 204 ECT yeserday . I dont know if i plugged stuff out when I flushed the system or what. Hopefully this summer I will fix it and do some other things while I'm in there.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Mod Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Hunt View Post
I think I might be in the same boat. Been watching my delta and especially when I go up a particular hill I drive daily. Before my coolant change EOT would only get to about 202 and ECT 198, as its been gradually getting higher I hit 208 EOT and 204 ECT yeserday . I dont know if i plugged stuff out when I flushed the system or what. Hopefully this summer I will fix it and do some other things while I'm in there.
You're temp delta is still really good. What was the outside temp.?
Old 04-16-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Hunt View Post
Fox, yours look fine. You only have a 4* difference in temps. Dont be too worried about em rising, its the temp difference between the two you want to keep an eye on. I wouldnt worry too much about the hills either. You want less than a 15* difference while driving a sustained 65mph on level ground. Hills will give you a spike, but spikes arent a big deal. My drive home yesterday was 2 1/2 hours, and I was seeing 11* delta almost the entire time.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah77 View Post
Fox, yours look fine. You only have a 4* difference in temps. Dont be too worried about em rising, its the temp difference between the two you want to keep an eye on. I wouldnt worry too much about the hills either. You want less than a 15* difference while driving a sustained 65mph on level ground. Hills will give you a spike, but spikes arent a big deal. My drive home yesterday was 2 1/2 hours, and I was seeing 11* delta almost the entire time.
Yeah thats another thing, I havent got to drive it for more than 25 min to see how much spread I will get.
Dhanna- it was 54* and that has been pretty consistent, I know I'm not pushing a 15* delta, I just dont know why its going so much when I drive the same way in the same outside temp??
Old 04-17-2011, 10:22 AM

So the dealership says they believe the oil cooler is shot, and the EGR cooler has a slight leak. Gotta wait til tomm to see if my aftermarket warranty will cover the repairs.

Not sure how I want this to turn out. I would love to BulletProof my truck, but don't really have the cash right now. And I know if the dealership repairs it, it's just prolonging the inevitable.

Either way, it's gonna cost ME an oil change and coolant flush again.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:17 AM

Ah bummer, sorry to hear it. You gonna have them see if they can do a updated STC fitting or turbo drain tube if the dealer does do it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.