Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Turbo Boots

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Evil Eye 
#1 ·
I was looking at my motor today figuring out what I am going to do with my CCV. In looking at my oil covered boots, I noticed a few TINY oil bubles when the truck was running. They were comming out of my top boot. So, needless to say, they need replaced. Who makes a good affordable set?

#3 ·
I got mine from Riff raff diesel.

#4 ·
What ever company you chose to get your boots from, if the boot is made from silicone and still have oil residue in the IC system, they might not last any longer than the stock ones. Oil and silicone don't mix, the oil breaks down the silicone and causes the boot to fail.

Dieselsite's boots are more expensive, but they are not made out of silicone.
http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=804

#5 ·
Riff raffs are top notch.. not silicone

#7 ·
Just got mine this week
2003-2007 6.0L Turbo Outlet Angled Replacement Boot
Product Part #: DSB6TO
(Qty: 1 x $131.00)
Dieselsite Turbo Hose Retaining Ring - 6.0L Turbo Outlet Hose - 2.5" ID Hose
Product Part #: BR25
(Qty: 1 x $8.50)
2004.5-2007 6.0L DIESELSITE Intercooler Boot Kit
Product Part #: DSIBK6
(Qty: 1 x $78.00)
Next on the list is the Racor 4500
2 stroker:ford:

#8 ·
I cleaned my motor the other day. Not a speck of dirt. After about 400 miles of driving, I can see the oil comming out of the boots. Not good! I need to get new ones asap!

#9 ·
I went with Dieselsite as well. I was lucky to have gotten 100k miles out of my stockers and I would bet it is because I rerouted my CCV early on. Also remember that these boots are only as good as the clamps you install with them. I broke 2 stocker clamps in those 100k miles. The Dieselsite clamps are noticeably more sturdy than the stockers. I can't comment on the quality of the riff raff setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.