CCV Mod - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CCV Mod

Howdy my 6.0 Peeps!

Was thinking about designing me a CCV Mod based a few that I've seen out there (thanks Stoker67) as well as referring to knowledge on a tractor that I have which uses the same sort of filtering system for the air cleaner. Attached is my design.

Basically speaking, I would take a 3 inch conduit 5 inches (or so) long and on the top, cap it off and install a 1" elbow. This would be the input from the crankcase breather. Then on the inside of this conduit attached to the 1" elbow would be a 1" pipe that would run about 3 inches into the conduit. Stuffed (but not tightly) around the 1 inch pipe would be stainless steel course scrubbing material (much like what you use to clean pots/pans). Not fine stuff like brillow pads. Then the bottom is capped off with a drain at the bottom. Approximately 1" from the top of the conduit/cap, install a 1" nipple which would act as the outlet and return back to the air intake.

The theory is this...."dirty" breather air enters the top of the canister, goes down the pipe. On the return trip, air has to travel up thru the stainless steel scrubbing material which traps the oil as it rise to the upper 1" nipple for a return to the motor. The excess oil in the stainless steel would drip to the bottom of the cap where it can be drained periodically.

Like I said, this is very similar to a design on my JD 4010 air filter system which uses an oil bath for an air filter except here, the goal is to remove the oil not use it as a filter.

Thoughts? I bet this can be made fairly inexpensively.
Attached Thumbnails
CCV Mod-ccv-filter.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2011, 05:48 PM

Your too late. NCHornet already makes and sells the exact same thing.

http://www.stealth-automotive.com/in...roduct_id=1372

Last edited by mah77; 04-13-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:55 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
NCHornets is a little bit different
Old 04-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I was figuring on building one almost exactly the same. I was going to use ABS pipe and plastic scrub pads. If just figured if a piece of scrub pad broke off it would be better to have plastic go through the turbo ratther than SS.

No issue with patents ect as long as you don't sell them.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:04 PM

[QUOTE=mah77;2450362]Your too late. NCHornet already makes and sells the exact same thing.

Yeah...I looked at that one but it's like 100 bucks. Thought I could make about the same thing at a fraction of the cost. Not denying anyone their share to make a buck....just with times be tight these days, if I can save 50 I will.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:10 PM

With your drawing, I wasn't sure if you were considering it as a business idea. Just was making you aware, that's all.

No doubt you could do it cheaper, but he's already done the running around and assembly, and uses the profit to pay for medical expenses. I bought one, but never installed it. I just decided to dump mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.