learning the hard way - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
learning the hard way

I now understand the saying "Just cause you can pull it doesnt mean you can stop it. Wrecked the truck today pulling 22060 gvw with a triple axle enclosed goose neck. I was doing 55 mph and had a guy slam on the brakes about 150 yards in front of me couldnt get her stopped and ended up in a farmers field crushed both sides of the bed and may have tweeked the frame. I had just inspected the brakes on the truck and adjusted the trailer brakes which did their job as they went into a full lock on all three axles.

Just as a bit of advise make sure you all leave room to stop. I really am a lucky person that the good lord was watching over me today. We could have run over a honda civic or jack knifed or been on our lid, but just banged up the truck and had to be towed out of a farmers field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2011, 08:19 PM

That sucks! Sorry to hear and glad your in one piece
Old 04-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Serving Our Country!

Surely blessed. Glad everyone made it out ok. Trucks,trailers, and Honda's can be replaced.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:40 PM

thank you guys. Oh yeah on a side note Dont take your anger from stupidity out on your trailer you end up with dents and a broken right hand. She'll go into the body shop as soon as i can get the trailer emptied and unhooked. Hopefully we didnt bend the frame. She torqued pretty bad when we went through the bottom of the ditch. and with close to 16000 lbs pushing side ways and twisting on the frame i wouldnt be suprised. I know the alingment is off as my steering wheel is pointing about 45 degrees to the right. I will tell you Wells Cargo builds one He11 of a trailer though it was tweeked all out of shape and flattened right out after the wrecker pulled me out of the ditch.

Last edited by d and b installer; 04-12-2011 at 08:42 PM. Reason: beer makes bit hard to type
Old 04-12-2011, 09:12 PM

That sucks bro. I rear-ended a Chevy, two weeks after I bought my truck. I was towing my travel trailer and couldn't stop in time. Brakes were crap. Upgraded to the Powerslot Cryos and Hawk HD pads, and now it could throw me through the windshield without a seatbelt. Glad you all are ok. Trucks can be fixed, people not so easily.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Man that sucks. Glad you are alright.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:24 AM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Glad you are ok. Stuff sucks when it happens but when it is done, you always realize it could have been worse.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:17 AM

Glad to hear everyone was safe and not hurt. I feel bad for your seats, were they cloth or leather?
Old 04-13-2011, 05:53 AM
Calling all Georgians!

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Wow, that sucks man. I'm sorry to hear it. Next time, just do what they tell you to do when a deer runs out in front, just head straight for him! Just kidding. I do hate it though when people pull right out or slam on the brakes in front of a truck (wether it's a SuperDuty or big rig) pulling a big load. Some people just don't think at all and are completely oblivious to what's around them...

Last edited by Super Diesel; 04-13-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:17 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that, but hopefully someone can learn something from this. Keep us posted on what happens. Sounds like you had a good truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.