Door Chime - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 02:21 PM
MARSOC > Seals

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Door Chime

I was talking with Doug about the door chime... it gets really annoying to me but was asking him if he happens to know how to get rid of it... said he has been told a couple of ways... well we took mine apart and found a way to do it.. not for sure if it has been done like this or not (I'm sure it has)

but it's really quick and easy to do.... all I did was take off the little meatal clip and it works great now here are just a few pics of what I did

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yep that's a quick and easy way to do it. Unfortunately what you are going to find now is that when you use the interior power locks to lock your doors (with the keys out); your driver's side door lock will pop open again after 1 second or so. You'll have to either lock that door by hand or use your key fob all the time to lock up with. You're tricking the comp. into thinking the keys are in the ignition by pulling that clip. So the truck is unlocking that door so you don't lock yourself out!
Old 04-03-2011, 03:16 PM
MARSOC > Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey~do View Post
Yep that's a quick and easy way to do it. Unfortunately what you are going to find now is that when you use the interior power locks to lock your doors (with the keys out); your driver's side door lock will pop open again after 1 second or so. You'll have to either lock that door by hand or use your key fob all the time to lock up with. You're tricking the comp. into thinking the keys are in the ignition by pulling that clip. So the truck is unlocking that door so you don't lock yourself out!
always use my key fob to lock it anyways.... unless I'm letting it warm up then I just use my keypad to lock it
Old 04-03-2011, 03:23 PM
MARSOC > Seals

well.... just went outside put key in the ignition... doors lock with interior power locks... with the key in the run postion all doors will lock besides the drivers door... like you said it pops back open after a second or so.. which it done that before I took that tab off... and it will still lock all doors with the key out of the vechile if I use the interior power lock

soo... the only side affect I have seen so far is that the door chime doesn't go off with the key in the on/run postion... besides that all the same
Old 04-03-2011, 03:31 PM

i should do this in my dads truck because the door chime is on anytime the door is open even if the key is out
Old 04-03-2011, 03:32 PM
information regurgitator

Theres also a black wire, just under where the ignition lock cylinder is, just under that black cover on the underside. Give that a good tug to unplug it, no more <ding> <ding><ding>. Worked for me.
Black wire all by itself.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:32 PM
MARSOC > Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01powestroke View Post
i should do this in my dads truck because the door chime is on anytime the door is open even if the key is out
I do not know if that would help it or not...
Old 04-03-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by najaf4life View Post
I do not know if that would help it or not...
nope it wont, i just talked to him and he said he had someone try it for him and it didnt work, i would try the black wire but last time we did that to a car it disabled the ignition because of some alarm thing so we will probly just leave it....
Old 04-03-2011, 04:48 PM
information regurgitator

The black wire is a ground that actually attaches to the very tab that he removed (more or less). The system works much like the horn, apply a ground to the circuit and it energizes. How that would effect an alarm system is beyond me. They must have installed that alarm incorrectly, if that wire had an effect.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC F-350 View Post
The black wire is a ground that actually attaches to the very tab that he removed (more or less). The system works much like the horn, apply a ground to the circuit and it energizes. How that would effect an alarm system is beyond me. They must have installed that alarm incorrectly, if that wire had an effect.
yeah it probly was installed incorectly, it was in a 80's rv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.