Help with Rize Lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to InMotionJosh
Help with Rize Lift

I need some help guys. I started installing my 8 inch rize kit on my 06 this weekend and ran into a few snags. I bought the 8 inch kit and im using fox shocks. The kit also came with the leaf springs.

The first question that I have is am I supposed to use the factory blocks with the springs or do i just use the springs? I was under the impression that you only use the springs, but they didnt send me any new U bolts and the stock ones were way to long without using the blocks. I used the blocks anyway now the front of the truck is 3 inches lower than the rear.

The second problem i have is that the rear shocks dont fit over the top mounting stud that is attached to the chassis. It will go over the threaded portion but it stops when it gets to the part which is not threaded.

Any help would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2007, 09:05 AM

Almost forgot. here are a couple pics for those who might ask. Sorry for the poor quality.

I dont have the dual stabilizer installed yet either.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Well if the rear is 3in higher than the front then I would go find some new U-bolts and take out the block, you could also try driving the truck for a couple days or loading it to see if the spring will settle. Another ave. is if those fox shocks are coil overs, I know the kit doesn't come with shocks you have to supply your own, but if they are coil overs, how much do you have them cranked and/or are they dual rate. As far as the mounting stud it sounds like you just need to bore out the hole a little bigger to get the stud through unless I'm missing something, hope some of this helps...
Old 07-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Let's Run'em

Ok you loaded the pics while I was typing,you don't have coil overs so that idea is out, are the blocks indexed at all and/or are the springs for the right pinion angle? The easy way would be to get new u-bolts and take out the block, but is that going to throw off your rear shock travel, to where you are bottoming out? Nice truck by the way
Old 07-23-2007, 09:25 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Most shops don't re-use U-bolts since they are designed for one stretch. I'd replace the U-bolts and remove the block. I would also contact the manufacturer to verify the problems you are having and they may be able to point you in the right direction.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:23 PM

I have contacted the manufacturer and they are supposed to return my call soon with the answers. The rear shocks can not be bored out as they use spherical bearings on both top and bottom mounting points. I do think that I need new u bolts and to take out the blocks.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley 350 Josh View Post
I have contacted the manufacturer and they are supposed to return my call soon with the answers. The rear shocks can not be bored out as they use spherical bearings on both top and bottom mounting points. I do think that I need new u bolts and to take out the blocks.
Oh I see what problem you are having with the shocks, so what you really need is an adapter to go from the eye socket on the shock to the mount on the truck, do I have that right?
Old 07-23-2007, 05:21 PM

How about...

getting a few more inches out of the front. Can you adjust the radius arms and add a 2" leveling kit? I just did this with no problems with my Pro Comp 6" lift and now have 8" to clear my 22's. If this is something you want to consider check out ..:: Nor Cal Truck ::.. ..:: Home ::.. they have a bunch of F-250's in their gallery and most have rize 8" lifts and I'm almost certain a few of them also had the leveling kit too.

Scott
Old 07-23-2007, 05:26 PM

here you go Josh

This is the last truck in the gallery section for fords on that web site I mentioned above.

Scott
Old 07-23-2007, 05:33 PM

I agree on the adapter for the shock post a pic of the shock eye and the sshock mount in question. To the poster of the last pic, the brake line doesnt look long enough if the suspension is ever drooped out.

Russell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.