6.0 Remote Oil Cooler - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 Remote Oil Cooler

Anyone running the Remote Oil Cooler from Liberator Performance??

http://www.liberatorperformance.net/fordproducts.html

Scroll Down to see the kit from the link above
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Forget about it. It is a piece of junk compared to the Bulletproof cooler. If you are going to do this do it right the first time.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:04 AM

I really like the BPD kit, but it is overpriced. When you say piece of junk is there a real reason like it leaks, fails, etc etc?? I have considered putting together my own kit using BPD oil adapter and finding there source for the cooler and buying a cheaper oil bypass kit. There making a considerable amount off of these kits. I am all for capitalism, but I don't like to be the guy paying the inflated price because there isn't another option. I am in no way putting down BPD they have a well engineered system its just too expensive. If they cut some of the profit out they would sell more IMO.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:09 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Stick with Bulletproof, the Liberator kit still allows a chance for coolant to mix with oil if a seal should fail.

With a little bit of work and some cash, you could do what Liberator did if you made your own system with a external cooler and the remote oil filter from a E-series 6.0. But IMO, it's not worth it after you buy all the parts and do alot of research. The 6.0 can demand up to 18.5 gallons of oil flow a minute. So even if you buy a good hi flow cooler,E-series remote filter assembly, oil cooler thermostat with bypass valve, hose, and fitting you would have to find all this for dirt cheap. But still have a chance of the coolant mixing with oil if a seal would fail.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Powerstroke Techie

FordWake, the cost is so high do to the research and development that went into BPD system, then add in the cost of machine time. It looks like BPD uses a similar cooler like the Setrab coolers which cost a couple of hundred dollars alone. Then if you live in a cold climate, it's recommended on using the there thermostat/bypass which cost $350. The part that BPD use arn't cheap, so the price to the buyer will be higher.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:27 AM

Don't I still have to worry about coolant mixing with the oil with the BPD kit? Seems to me the Oil manifold adapter could still allow this if the seal fails right?? I agree they are paying for the R&D of the kit with the cost being where its at. It is a really well engineered solution, but they are making a very very good profit per kit. I am again not putting them down. I just dont have alot of extra cash to spend on there R&D. I may end up getting there kit anyway. I am just trying to see if I can save some coin by piecing together my own kit even using some of there components. I was just looking for some good/bad opinions on the liberator kit because I have seen no one use it. I appreciate the responses
Old 03-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Yes there is that slight chance for coolant to mix with oil, but it is just that one seal where the coolant leaves the block to the adapter. Where as on a stock unit, you have that seal leaving the block to the housing, and the other seal that is sandwiched in between the two halves of the oil cooler assembly. I don't know if Liberator has eliminated that second seal so it would lessen the chance of failure. Seal failure for the oil cooler isn't a common problem with us.

You can check out this link, this guy looks like he has done something similar to the Liberator set up.
DIY Oil Cooler Delete with Bypass Filter

You can also read up on what this guy did.
http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...2003-a-245088/
Old 03-15-2011, 12:14 PM

Thanks alot lilpooh exactly what I was looking for. More info. Yeah I would like to eliminate the second seal. My goal would be to make a plate or buy the Oil manifold adapter from BPD. There needs to be a competing company on this to drive healthy competition and better consumer pricing IMO. Heck I may do it. Thanks alot.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordWake View Post
Don't I still have to worry about coolant mixing with the oil with the BPD kit? Seems to me the Oil manifold adapter could still allow this if the seal fails right?? I agree they are paying for the R&D of the kit with the cost being where its at. It is a really well engineered solution, but they are making a very very good profit per kit. I am again not putting them down. I just dont have alot of extra cash to spend on there R&D. I may end up getting there kit anyway. I am just trying to see if I can save some coin by piecing together my own kit even using some of there components. I was just looking for some good/bad opinions on the liberator kit because I have seen no one use it. I appreciate the responses
No the BPD kit does not allow the coolant and oil to mix. Well its extremely unlikely at any rate.

Do not waste your time with the liberator kit. Its pure garbage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.