Lifetime Drop-in Oil Filter - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lifetime Drop-in Oil Filter

any one out Thar using this filter

Pure Power Oil Filters High Performance Motor Oil
Pure Power! Lifetime Drop-in Filter

This revolutionary filter system was awarded Runner-up out of over 1200 entries for Best New Product for Van/Pickup/Sport-Utility Product.
Pure Power! Lifetime Drop-in Oil Filter for Ford 6.0 Power stroke Diesel. World's ONLY cleanable and reusable replacement cartridge element. Outstanding quality. American made. CNC machined from 6061 T6 billet aluminum. Deep pleated, duplex woven T304 stainless steel filter media has the largest amount of filter area available. Extreme High-Flow provides for "One-pass" absolute filtering of debris. Maximum oil flow volume doubles the flow of filtered oil. Allows for convenient inspection to easily monitor the engine condition at any time. Pure Power! Lifetime Oil Filter can be cleaned in parts washing tank or can be "field" cleaned in hot soapy water. Cleaner oil provides longer oil life, longer engine life, better fuel economy and lower emissions. Environmentally friendly by eliminating "throw away" oil filters. Patents Pending
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

For the $170 they want, I can change a lot of $25 throw aways and have piece of mind that the oil in my $15,000 engine is clean. I'm not comfortable with some of their statements:

Higher flow of oil - that usually means less filtering. The oil passages in your engine is only going to allow so much oil flow, and the Motorcraft oil filter is designed for that rate of flow.

Convienient inspection? You still have to remove the filter cover, so what's convienient about it.

Made of aluminum with a stainless steel filter media .... a few hundred years ago, in my previous life as a student, I remember reading something about 2 dissimilar metals in contact with each other .......

Oh oh, now the good one ... "cleaned in hot soapy water" - well, what if you don't get all the water removed? OK, use a parts washing tank - thats cleaning solvent .... it that good for the innards of your engine?

Interesting, but no thanx, I'll stick to my $25 throw away filters.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:53 AM
Strokin' In Dixie-Land

They do make it sound good. And it got an award (really?). Thanks for the info. I'm sticking with the $25 filters also.
PS - 2 dissimilar metals, especially with fluid flow passing through them, sets up galvanic corrosion of the less noble metal which is contacted.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to WILLIAM LORCH
I agree with larry, its like for there price i get a lot of changes purchasing Motocraft @ wall mart for 9.20 for my PSD,or 10.50 for a Baldwin at international. ( think those 2 folks know what kinda filter belongs on the engine), no matter im gonna dump the oil so price there is a moog point. I do oil analsys on mine,so i like the 5K changes, so i realy dont see any gain, my thoughts ne way ..... Bill PS Larry is entirely corect dismular metals + acids in the oil (electrolite) = dissimular metal crossion..... Washing: wen we did that on filters for jet engines (P&W PT-6) we were required to place in oven for 1/2 hr b4 reinstall btw these were 10 micron filters believe me hte metal ones are a plane hassle for many reasons........ Ill just use the motocraft or Baldwin
Old 07-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

if your looking for a long lasting filter you need to check out the new powercore filter. Im trying to get some more information on it. From what I understand it is a 100K filter that is one of the only filters that meets OE requirements for filtration, but yet has a higher efficency of least amount of restriction. Check them out, from what I have been reading this is well worth the money, Im getting one as soon as I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.