xtreme street question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 06:42 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
xtreme street question T/C ISSUE SEE POST 3 HELP!!

Just got my tunes from Eric. Loaded up the xstreet and drove around for about 20 minutes letting it do its thing. leaving a store I nailed it and let it run but during the 2-3 shift it seemed like it missed 3rd and hit rev limiter. I immediately got off the pedal and it went back into second then 3rd and was fine from there. I drove another 20 minutes came to a stop and ran it to about 85mph never going more than 7/8ths throttle and it pulled hard and shifted fine I'm afraid to try WOT again now lol. anybody else have this problem? also my tc isn't unlocking when I press the brake how do I fix that?

Last edited by dannyf; 02-25-2011 at 03:51 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2011, 06:56 PM

I also have had some issues with my extreme street tune from eric. 1st problem is that the cruise control doesn't work with that tune. Which I dont understand. It runs really bad when cold. And when im running mine WOT and shift, (6 speed) when i push the clutch in and take my foot off the throttle, the engine keeps reving up. Any one got anything similar going on?
Old 02-24-2011, 06:24 PM

Talked to Eric today. The shifting problem was due to the tire size option being wrong. changed the tire size to the correct RPM and problem solved. Now i have another one. cruising on the highway when i get off the gas its seems like TC is locking and unlocking during deceleration, my tach bounces up and down. Strong as hell during acceleration but bounces during deceleration. is this part of the tune or do i have a problem?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I don't have Erics extreme street but I have his aggressive street, I have the same problem with the engine reving when I push in the clutch. He had told me the issue why it does that but I can't remember, I do know it has to do something with the Injector control pressure during shifts. He can tune it to get rid of the reving but you will lose power. I just shift slow and its not as noticeable.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:34 AM

Here's a quick video of my tc surging. This is about 60-65mph and getting off the pedal completely just letting it coast in the truck u can here the engine running up and down.
youtube.com/watch?v=uieMMJfOZNs

Last edited by dannyf; 02-25-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:54 AM

I have the extreme street, don't have any problems. My cruise still works too.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:33 PM

Does anybody have the surge during decel or is it just me? need help with this i dont wanna keep driving it if this can turn into a problem.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:18 AM

I am runnnign the same tune and had the same problem on a wot run. When i let off the accelerator the tc stayed locked and my truck actually downshifted in to fourth and the tc was still locked, I talked to eric about it and he said it was a line pressure issue and possibly my valve body in the transmission. He had me return it back to stock and reload the tune and let the trans relearn for 100miles. Havent had any problems again and that was 2 weeks ago.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have the gearhead tune from Matt and never have any problems! I'm running his SRL++ tune as a daily driver tune and it starts better than any tune I've had and shifts very well. Well worth 75 bucks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.