Seeking opinions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Seeking opinions

Hello,
I am new here but during the past week of surfing the internet seeking info on the 6.0 I found my self here several times. So I signed up. My question is, I have a 2006 F250 6.0. I totaly love this truck. I have a 30ft 5th wheel Monatana that tow about 15 times/yr. It weighs about 10000K loaded. My truck just flipped 100,000. It has given very little trouble. Replaced 3 egr valves in the first 70,000 miles. All under waranty. After I started running Fords C-tane booster on a regular basis, Smoke has diminshed and truck has been flawless. I changed the oil and filter at 5,000 mile intervals since I had it. My question or concern is that all I read is horror stories about what happens to these engines after a 100K miles or so. I looked up the KBB and the range is 16K to 19K. I can't get a Ford delaer to even touch it for more than 13 to 14K. They say the truck is in great shape its just the market is flooded with 6.0's. The last sales manager blames the de-flated value on the press, imagine that. I am looking at trying to buy a 2011 F250 with 6.2. I just can't see 50K for another diesel F250. Love my '06 but don't trust it to last another 2 years or so. Any thoughts about the longevity of the 6.0would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Check this post out. Things to consider about owning a 6.0L

IMHO Do studs and delete the EGR. Throw in some gauges and open up the exhaust. You will have a truck that will last you a long long time.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:40 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
keep it, studs egr delete, 4" turbo back exhaust. diy intake. and sct with custom tunes. she'll run forever.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I agree with keeping it. You are just getting it broken in. Flush the cooling system, switch to a Cat EC-1 rated ELC coolant, delete the egr and rebuild the oil cooler. While you'r in there put in the updated STC fitting on the HPOP, and replace the dummy plugs and standpipes for the HPO rail.

That pretty much takes care of anything likely to go wrong with it. With the ELC coolant and the EGR deleted you shouldn't have to worry about head gaskets and studs. Get an SCT X3 with some nice tunes for Street and Towing and enjoy your truck. I have heard of 6.0's with 400k+ on stock head gaskets.

I plan to get 500k out of my motor.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Don't you worry about it

keep it. Do what they have said and it will run a half a million miles.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:24 AM

I suggest keeping it, spend a couple G's on it and she will do you right for a nice long time..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.