LOOKING ACURATELY CALCULATED MPG #'S FOR COMPARISION - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LOOKING ACURATELY CALCULATED MPG #'S FOR COMPARISION

2005 CC FX4 6.0L 3.73 with 275/65-20 wheels or 34" tall and 116K on odometer.

Anyone care to share their accurately calculated MPG #'s for an equivalent truck? Any suggestions for improvement would be appreciated also

I'm seeing 13.4 normal local driving, easy on the throttle, no pulling. One tank I just drove the heck out of the truck and did a little heavy pulling and saw 12.4 I was thinking of going smaller tires or lower gears but now don't think it would make much difference since there wasn’t that much difference between the two driving styles.

I hadn't had the truck long but was seeing these #'s bone stock, then had problems and done the whole head gaskets, EGR delete, S&B intake and 4" straight exhaust then my fuel mileaged dropped 2 MPG then I put the tune on it and it came back to where it was at stock I'm running the SRL+ tune and it runs great, I don't feel there's a problem with the truck the way it runs.

Last edited by LTRMC02; 02-22-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 03:21 PM

When I first picked up my rig the speedo was off like 7mph or somethin, so I adjusted the truspeed box once I found out I had one under the dash, computer claimed low 11s then picked up to 12.9 after correction and I confirmed this hand calculated as well. EGR delete, went up to 13.4 and was fairly dead-on.

After new tires, custom intake elbow+throttleplate delete and stock straight pipe no matter how I drove the truck would get high 14.** usually 14.87 everytime but.....the lieometer never reports better than 13.**. ONE NIGHT, cruisin across Nebraska, the display actually reported my accurate fuel mileage at 70mph and I seen as high as 15.1. Fueled in York and those numbers were right on. She has never since left 13.**Thats why I hand calculate.

I haven't had a chance to check lately with all of the improvements. T-5 oil, straight 4" exhaust, big tune+new FICM and new filters after she went in for headstuds.

My truck is an '04 with a 6" lift with 38" tires. The truck has been that way since I bought it.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:26 PM

Fuelly | Share and Compare Your MPG

Check my signature. If you have a smartphone like I do I put in the info as soon as I am done filling up the tank.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Premium Member

subscribed
Old 02-22-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank81 View Post
Fuelly | Share and Compare Your MPG

Check my signature. If you have a smartphone like I do I put in the info as soon as I am done filling up the tank.
I guess we are dead on both truck and bike. My Electraglide used to see low 40's right often but for some reason has dropped to the upper 30's. Fuel prices go up and fuel mileage seems to go down, catching it both ways
Old 02-22-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTRMC02 View Post
I guess we are dead on both truck and bike. My Electraglide used to see low 40's right often but for some reason has dropped to the upper 30's. Fuel prices go up and fuel mileage seems to go down, catching it both ways
Yea my scoot was getting a little better MPG before I swapped the exhaust intake and added a fuel management system. Now I can't keep off the throttle and I lost a few MPG.

Do you add anything into your fuel?
Old 02-22-2011, 03:46 PM

I just started putting in some TC-W3 2 stroke oil the last tank.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTRMC02 View Post
I just started putting in some TC-W3 2 stroke oil the last tank.
Give that 2 tanks you might see a small improvement.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank81 View Post
Give that 2 tanks you might see a small improvement.
I noticed after putting my intake and straight exhaust on that I lost a noticable amount of low end torque, I was reading a little last night and some have put a muffler in line and got that back but never did mention if the MPG had an increase. I seemed to had lost 2MPG after doing that then tunned the truck and it came back so woundering about putting in a muffler. I'm really just thinking that people claiming near 20 just don't know how to properly calculate
Old 02-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Emergency Services

Summer mileage-16.8
Winter mileage-13.6
Those are hand calculated numbers, but I do a lot of highway driving. I also let my ECT get to about 130 before going anywhere when it's cold so there's a lot of idle time on high idle. Also I've driven mustangs since my first car many years ago and have always had a heavy foot...so you get the idea.

Oh and not in my sig, but just put on Vivian's Looney and haven't gone a full tank yet. Looks like there will be an improvement so far though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.