Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hate doing this butHID help

2K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  big03250 
#1 ·
Hey what brand of HID do i get?

#2 ·
DDM Tuning. Cheap and they work really well. Or you can go through one of the vendors on here. Raul has some nice kits through stealth automotive.

#3 ·
I got the DDM Raptor Kit. Cheap, easy to install, and BRIGHT!

#7 ·
The 4500Ks are white. The 8000K are definitely going to look blue. I bought the 6000K to start with, and even those were too blue for me.

#9 ·
lol. my dad has 35w 6000k and mine are a good bit brighter than his. i'd def say its worth the 10 extra bucks, especially on high beam when the fog lights turn off. but im about to do the fog light wit high beam mod too so its gonna be like the sun coming down the road :woot:

ive had them for a couple of weeks now and i still find myself cracking up ar how they light up street signs and everything miles up the road infront of other cars lol

#11 ·
just click the raptor kit and choose the right bulbs, wat color you want, and wat watts you want then when you get it its plug and play. simple as can be. I forget which bulbs they are right now but just make sure u select the hi/low option and they send the controller with it. very much worth the money

#13 ·
You don't need either of those.

Headlights: H13
Fog Lights: H10

In my opinion, the hi/lo kit isn't worth it. I couldn't tell much of a difference, so I returned it. Plus, the replacement bulbs cost $10 more a piece for the hi/lo kit.

#15 ·
I got the 5K ..They are Pure White ..no Blue tint at all ,Very Bright ! get the 55watt

#16 ·
I know you guys like DDM - but why? I tried to get a couple answers out of them on their raptor kit for my 03 Ex, 1) is the hi-low bi-xenon or halogen over xenon and 2) and what is the start up amperage.

They don't reply to emails and never answer the phone. They are about 20-30 bucks more than ebay kits, and until someone can tell me their kits are better and exactly why, I have to conclude they are just up-charging the ebay kits.

#17 ·
Every time i have ever called or emailed them they have gotten back to me so im not sure wat is the issue there. i even had an issue wit a wiring harness and they sent another one to me within that week.

As for the ebay kit, a friend of mine did that and his hi/low operation doesnt work so its stuck wit the high beam indicator on. And there is just something really weird about the color of the ebay kits that is just weird. But the decision is your. When it comes to electronics, you get wat you pay for

#18 ·
Good luck with eBaY returns.

DDM has been great with me. Completely satisfied. Plus they have warranties.

#19 ·
Just ordered mine last night...35w 6K headlights and fogs and they are on backorder :( but they have all of the 55w kits on stock. I think I will call them tomorrow and see if they will give me the 55w for the price of the 35w since they have no ETA on when they will recieve the 35w kits.

#21 ·
Retro-Solutions.

I got a kit from them, just haven't installed it yet. Been looking into HID for a bit and they have a better track record over DDM on this site.

Now if you want to do HID's right I would say go check out theretrofitsource.com and do projectors also. I am saving some $$$ for projectors for the headlights and fog lights.

#23 ·
Where did you hear this from? If they are going out of business is someone buying them out? Looks like the warranty is worthless if they are going out :(

#26 ·
I just ordered my 55 watt HID kit from them. It shipped on Tuesday 2/22/11. When I was on there site it said they where expanding the product line. Every time I have called they pick right up. They are in Cali and have a time zone difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.