Should I be afraid of the 6.0???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 02:48 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Should I be afraid of the 6.0????

Hi everyone Iam new to this site an to the world of power strokes. Iam looking at a 2005 f350 with a 6.0 120,000 miles. I picked this one because its in my price range. I wont be putting a ton of miles on it, I will be using it to pull my boat, 16ft trailer and before long a camper when I get one. Thats why Iam getting a diesel now instead of finding out later that I dont have enough power.

I could get by with a gas engine, but who wants to just get by? I have always heard the 7.3 was the way to go but I wanted something newer. I have heard alot of thing about the 6.0 that kind of scare me. Iam just afraid I will spend all this money to find the gas motor was more dependable. I dont ride a harley because I dont know how and dont want to work on them. Is a 6.0 gonna be like a Harley??? Sorry if i offended anyone by that comment, but that's why Iam on here to find out because like I said Iam new to the Power Stroke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
as long as it was maintained there shouldnt be any issues, get a oasis report from your ford dealer and see if it was a problem child
Old 02-19-2011, 03:05 PM

Great Idea! I didnt even know what an oasis report was until I googled it. lol! Thanks for the info. Are the 6.0 pretty durable? I know diesels are supposed to get a ton of miles on them, I just wanted to make sure the 6.0 wasnt any different. I just got rid of my 1990 f150 with the 4.9 to my nephue and it still runs great. When I buy a truck its usually for the long haul, thats why I bought the 4.9 they are great engines.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Get it,, and bullet proof it! You will love it! I am in the process right now!
Old 02-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Read the links in my signature, then go get your truck. All of the issues and fixes are well known and you can get answers to anything here. With a little care the 6.0 is a great motor.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:03 PM

Don't be scared! Plenty of info here to help you out.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:27 PM

thanks everyone. I talked to the dealer and I will probably go check them out next weekend he is getting 2 more in. thanks again.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by country6220 View Post
I dont ride a harley because I dont know how and dont want to work on them. Is a 6.0 gonna be like a Harley??? Sorry if i offended anyone by that comment, but that's why Iam on here to find out because like I said Iam new to the Power Stroke.
The Harleys that always needed worked on are the pan heads and shovel heads from the 80's and before. The evo had a few problems but really wasn't a bad motor. Anything newer than 1999 when they switched over to the T/C 88 ci are actually very good bikes. My 03 softail had 25,000 miles on it when i sold it last spring. The only thing ever done to that bike were tires and brake pads and oil changes. Sorry for the rant just tired of all the misconceptions of people thinking the Harleys are pieces of junk because of what someone who may have rode in back in the day told them about the ones from the 70's and 80's.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:23 PM

Once we move the services away from Ford the 6.0L will go down as a great truck.
GM caused the same problem on their 6.2L and 6.5L.

I had the GMs and loved them and now my 6.0L has been great.

No GM or Ford service departments touches my trucks
Old 02-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Serving Our Country!

6.0 is like a big girl feed her right shell treat you right! as far as riding harleys i dont cause there to loud and im to old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.