Local dealer frustration - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 02:38 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Local dealer frustration

Don't get me wrong, I have faith in the 6.0 and Ford, but after dealing with the local dealership (Skaha ford, Penticton B.C.) I am very frustrated. Took the truck in as I wanted a quick, accurate diagnosis of my problems. White smoke after restart, rough idle.... They diagonsed it as a failing hpop although it showed no signs of such in my eyes. New pump and Ipr valve in $3000 later. Drove the truck for a day and the SAME problems as before. Take it back, now they diagnose it as a bad pcm! So I buy a reman one, book an appt. show up and they don't have time to put it in and flash it! Why the hell do I take a day off work, book an appt, drive an hour to the dealer and find out they cannot accomidate me as they now say they have a special contract job there doing hgs on some other truck?? Am I being an *** by showing this frustration?
I just want my truck back! $4500 and no results is getting annoying!

Rant over lol

Whats your guys' opinions?

Canadian6.0.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Premium Member

I feel your pain. There isnt a ford dealership withing 100 miles that I would trust to work on my truck. I think it would be worth your time to find a different shop. You gotta feel sorry for the poor guy who's truck their butchering doing the HG's. Now thats scarry! Find a different shop.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

sucks man, sounds like ficm, injectors, stuck egr valve or failing egr cooler.... most dealers suck IMO
Old 02-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Premium Member

My dealer is top notch. Gabbard's Ford, Mt Orab, Ohio. They don't all suck.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:37 PM

Dealerships are just like independent shops ... potluck. Some are great, some suck and some are so-so. There is NO DOUBT that you should find another service center if they are within a reasonable distance. You might even re-define what distance is a reasonable distance considering how much time and money your current dealership has already cost you. They clearly have no regard for you at all.

Mayhap one of the members here or someone you know locally can give a good recommendation. I usually try to check out their reputations on the Better Business Bureau's website. That's not a foolproof way of vetting, but it's one more check point you can make.

Best of luck.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:44 PM

Thanks guys! And yes, just as Gringo Tex said, find somewhere else! I am comfortable doin work on the truck, done a few injectors, just need a better scanner. Time to invest in AE I think.

Cheers!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian6.0 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I have faith in the 6.0 and Ford, but after dealing with the local dealership (Skaha ford, Penticton B.C.) I am very frustrated. Took the truck in as I wanted a quick, accurate diagnosis of my problems. White smoke after restart, .... They diagonsed it as a failing hpop although it showed no signs of such in my eyes. New pump and Ipr valve in $3000 later. Drove the truck for a day and the SAME problems as before. Take it back, now they diagnose it as a bad pcm! So I buy a reman one, book an appt. show up and they don't have time to put it in and flash it! Why the hell do I take a day off work, book an appt, drive an hour to the dealer and find out they cannot accomidate me as they now say they have a special contract job there doing hgs on some other truck?? Am I being an *** by showing this frustration?
I just want my truck back! $4500 and no results is getting annoying!

Rant over lol

Whats your guys' opinions?

Canadian6.0.
Why would they install a HPOP if it is starting the white smoke i think would be EGR cooler or injectors does the smoke smell like diesel or sweet like coolant is the degasing tank low on coolant. You can check the EGR valve here
Diesel Technician Society
and here
Diesel Technician Society
Park nose down hill then pull if it is wet or like a goo the egr cooler is bad The rough idle could be injectors or a bad FICM how new are your batteries the #1 kill of these along with high heat from the exhaust i would be looking for a different shop look here
2 stroker
Old 02-18-2011, 07:01 PM

What year is it and how many miles are on it always good to know
2 stroker
Old 02-18-2011, 07:43 PM

Old 02-18-2011, 08:12 PM

It really amazes me that Ford would even allow a dealership to pull something like that. If you ask me, if you pay Ford 3 grand to fix something and they dont, it's on them until they do. They pulled some BS like that on me too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.