Bummin!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 02:54 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bummin!!!!

Droped my truck off to the dealer the week before Christmas cause i was using about a galon of coolnt a week so i figured i would drop it off at my dealer cuz it needed head gaskets and egr cooler. So i drop it off and a week goes by and finaly they look at it and said the egr cooler is cracked and it needs a new one, along withthe oil cooler and egr valve. Truck is under warranty so i say get it done. 3 weeks go by and i finaly get my truck back and the night i get it back i opened her up on a straightaway and i hear this loud bang from the front left of the truck i thought it blew up but it was still running. The intercooler tube (plastick one by under the air filter) poped off. So i call my buddy and we fix her on the side of the road. Well i bring the truck back to the ford dealer the next day cuz i didnt have any heat still and told him about the intercooler tube blowing off. He apologised and said well look at it right away. So i get the call, she needs head gaskets so i tell him ok and we agreed to put ARP's in it cuz the waranty's up in 20,000 mi. Its Febuary 18th now and i call him once a week every week and i get the same ansure it should be done later this week. So i havnt had my truck for 2 months now and theres nothing i can do. Ive never dealt with a ford dealer this ****ty in my life i understand there buisy cause every one with a 6.0 or a 6.4 is in there getin worked on. I ask him what is takin so long and he said theres 2 diesel mechanics and there workin on 6 trucks all at once. A little on this one a little on mine, idk wouldnt it be smarter to start one thing and finish it before u move on to the next. Have any of u guys had this problem with any dealers?? Just venting because im fustrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
that kinda **** bothers the hell out of me. its not the techs fault its ****ing service scheduling too much **** for the guys they have available. it's caused me many late nights without a damn bit of compensation. i can't stand leaving a cust hang
Old 02-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 350 harley View Post
Droped my truck off to the dealer the week before Christmas cause i was using about a galon of coolnt a week so i figured i would drop it off at my dealer cuz it needed head gaskets and egr cooler. So i drop it off and a week goes by and finaly they look at it and said the egr cooler is cracked and it needs a new one, along withthe oil cooler and egr valve. Truck is under warranty so i say get it done. 3 weeks go by and i finaly get my truck back and the night i get it back i opened her up on a straightaway and i hear this loud bang from the front left of the truck i thought it blew up but it was still running. The intercooler tube (plastick one by under the air filter) poped off. So i call my buddy and we fix her on the side of the road. Well i bring the truck back to the ford dealer the next day cuz i didnt have any heat still and told him about the intercooler tube blowing off. He apologised and said well look at it right away. So i get the call, she needs head gaskets so i tell him ok and we agreed to put ARP's in it cuz the waranty's up in 20,000 mi. Its Febuary 18th now and i call him once a week every week and i get the same ansure it should be done later this week. So i havnt had my truck for 2 months now and theres nothing i can do. Ive never dealt with a ford dealer this ****ty in my life i understand there buisy cause every one with a 6.0 or a 6.4 is in there getin worked on. I ask him what is takin so long and he said theres 2 diesel mechanics and there workin on 6 trucks all at once. A little on this one a little on mine, idk wouldnt it be smarter to start one thing and finish it before u move on to the next. Have any of u guys had this problem with any dealers?? Just venting because im fustrated.
You driving one of their rentals? If you are, I would let them know you are gonna beat the **** out if it until you get YOUR truck back.

Last edited by Rob; 02-19-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: NO FOUL LANGUAGE!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:04 PM

no no rental premium care only gives u 28 bucks a day for rental and i have a company truck to go to and from work with but it sucks cuz i need a ride to go any where else. Ive just never dealt with a dealership like this any other dealer ive dealt with once your truck starts to get worked on they finish it. I think im on the back burner cuz im warranty but who knows.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:10 PM
The Tamed Racing Driver

They've had it for 2 MONTHS, I would go down there an "talk" to the service manager, thats just plain unacceptable!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:21 PM

I droped it off they had it for a month for egr cooler then i get it back for a couple days and it was still f***ed up so i brought it back for Head Gaskets and every time i call em they say yeah it will be done eirly next week and every week i call i get the same ansure. so yeah basicly 2 months ive not had my truck ive never heard of such a thing!!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

2 months and its a warrenty deal? I would be calling Ford directly and telling them what is going on with that crap at the dealer and see if theres anything they can do to get it going cause that is bs. I would also go in and give the service advisor a piece of your ear on the amount of crap it is that theyve had it for 2 months. Totally unacceptable, I would be looking to take it to a different dealer that is close by and at their expense to get it transported to them. Just as a disclaimer I am not in any way blaming the technicians, from my experience theyre very good its the stupid monkey advisors that pull this crap. Ive had it done to me before and ended up with my deductable waved and several other things taken care of on their dime.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

man I know the feeling, I feel bad for the tech's having such a busy schedule and I hate not having my truck. I had my truck in the shop 2 weeks ago for a week had it for 200 miles and dies again on the side of the road and is back at the shop again. All under warrenty which is good but still sux none the less. I just hope that this is the last time till my HG goes which I hope is in 2000 miles before my warrenty is up. Just keep on them and keep a cool head going off on them might make you feel better but doens't get your truck done. best of luck man
Old 02-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I know what your talking about, it's rediculous. The superduty is suposed to be a work truck, however how are you going to make any money with a truck being worked ON all the time for weeks at a time instead of working for you. Ford should be taking notice because I can't do without my truck for a couple of days much less than a couple of weeks. This is why people leave one brand for another. I know I'll be looking at other brands next time just because I can't afford this kind of stuff myself. Sucks because my salesman that sold me my stuff has always treated me like a king with loaners and such. Maybe you should tell them you don't care how long they keep your truck as long as they give you a nice king ranch diesel to drive while they work on yours. If they tell you they can't because they can't afford to do that then you can tell them that's why they can't keep your truck, you can't afford it either.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I feel your pain man. After I got my truck I had to have EGR, oil cooler, and EGR valve replaced due to puking coolant. I also had an oil leak. Long story short, They had my truck 43 days and it still leaked and blew coolant when I got it back. I called Ford, filed a complaint, and got a response within' a few days. Ford wanted me to take it back o the s*itty dealer, but I refused and explained that if the truck didn't get fixed I would do all in my power to ruin that dealers reputation. They got my truck into another dealer and within' 4 hours the tech called me and explained the oil was comin' from the ICP and it had been replaced. He also explained that my puking was due to blown head gaskets (which I had told the last dealer was the issue 4 times). He asked if I wanted to install ARP's and I said of course. I went and picked up the studs and delivered them to the tech and 7days from the time I dropped the truck off I had it back and she has been flawless since. I honestly believe that some service advisors just don't care at all about customers. I also believe some techs are nothing more than glorified parts changers, but sometimes you luck up and get a dealer were everyone cares and wants your ride runnin' smooth as much as you do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.