2005 excursion 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2005 excursion 6.0

I have been desparately looking for a 2005 6.0 4x4 Excursion with decent mileage for a decent price...to no avail! Found one for 23000 with 91000 miles. Oasis is perfectly clean as well as car fax. I am well aware of the debate of 7.3 vs 6.0. I had a 6.0 with 88000 and absolutely no problems. I dont tow and will not be modifying it performance wise. I will keep the fluids fresh and possibly due an egr delete of some sort. Please reassure me that 23000 for a 6 year old suv is sane! I will be driving the heck out of this and throwing my kids in the way back!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 07:00 PM

Hey, I think the only thing that matters is that you are comfortable with the purchase. I know how hard a clean diesel Excursion can be to find, so that price doesn't sound completely outrageous to me. With ELC, a coolant filter, and an EGR delete, the 6.0 should be a strong engine based on what I have heard on here. In the end, do what makes you happy, and what you can afford!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

sounds like the going price for that vehicle.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcktay View Post
Please reassure me that 23000 for a 6 year old suv is sane! I will be driving the heck out of this and throwing my kids in the way back!!
Nah, insane would be the $40K I just dropped on a used 2010 suburban for the wife.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I wouldn't consider selling my truck for $35K. $40k might, I say might get my attention.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:25 AM

There are at least 3 05 6.0 4x4 limiteds for sale in the KC Metro right now. All 3 have more miles, but not many. 1 is more than that, the other two are less. I know for a fact 2 of those have been on the dealer's lot since Thanksgiving. value depends a lot on where you are.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I appreciate the responses. I drove five hours this morning in a 1 way rental (smart car..swear to God, coulda put it in the back of an ex) only to get there and the thing was complete junk. Backyard lift, dents, dings, and stunk like homeless lived in it. Had to be different pics (dealer had 29 pics and all looked immaculate). Almost got the cops called on me, but I'm back home. Still no vehicle. Found a 2007 f250 6.0 4x4..very clean..oasis is good..for a great deal, but I have three kids and their buddies..softball bags...and a 125lb american bulldog..need an suv! Problem is I'm in Tampa and have searched all over the SE and they're all out of my price range. 2008/2009 4x4 suburbans going for the same price? Tired of shopping/looking/hoping. Thanks for the kansas update, but a little bit of a haul. Saw 5 or 6 driving home today and the owners all appeared extremely happy!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Hey bud I found an excursion today a bit more expensive than what your talking about but its in Ft. Myers Fl. so its sort of in your neck of the woods. Used Luxury Cars in Fort Myers | Mercedes-Benz of Fort Myers Pre Owned Cars
Old 02-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

didn't see this one on autotrader, cars.com, or on craigslist...thanks for the heads up..but a little too high for what they're willing to finance..also having problems with the bank accepting any used vehicle over 100000 miles. I try to explain the "diesel" to them...but they didn't study diesel in school!
Old 02-12-2011, 07:51 PM

Well, it may be worth seeing if they will budge at all on that price. 75K is reasonable for mileage as far as the bank is concerned, I would guess. Never underestimate a dealer's desire to sell cars! Couldnt hurt to call them up and see what they may do for ya. Just my .02, good luck with the search!

Edit: what about getting a topper for that F250 for the dog and bags? Kids could easily fit in the back seats, I would think!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.