Why did you buy your 6.0? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why did you buy your 6.0?

Why did you buy your 6.0? I bought mine for the value. For the price I paid (15k), every Cummins was worked to death and no newer than 01. Every Dmax was 20k-30k. I wanted a crew cab 4x4 diesel with every option. The bad 6.0 reputation worked in my favor to get a truck that is in mint condition at a nice price. How did you guys end up in a 6.0?

BTW my heads, egr cooler and oil cooler only have 10k miles on them. EGR delete, ELC1, and EDGE CTS are in the works.
Attached Thumbnails
Why did you buy your 6.0?-new-rig.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 03:21 PM

i saw it on autotrader, stock as the day it came off the line, mint with 23k on it, and i just needed to have it. also, i needed something to tow my rustang to the track with, soon after i bought the truck i sold the stang and haven't looked back
Old 02-08-2011, 03:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to STRKTHS73
wanted a new psd traded my 02 in saw my 06 on a dealer lot with 22k on it and i just needed to have it because it was a single cab psd bought it for 23k with a band new 8ft fisher mm2 plus i love 6. oh nos
Old 02-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sold my 95 OBS PSD and needed something to replace it with. Found mine on Autotrader, booked for 36k with 29k miles. I bought it for $27,900. Mine was originally owned by the Mayor of the town I got it from. Completely stock. I knew of the 6.0 issues but I really wanted the TorqShift trans. Best truck I've ever had. Here's a pic. of mine.

Last edited by dhanna6powerstroke; 02-08-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:28 PM
The Silent Service

Ordered mine from the Factory, dropped a bit of value just driving it off the lot, but it was exactly what I wanted. Test drove quite a few 2006 diesels, and annoyed more than a few salesman doing it. Here's why I bought the 6.0:

First was very learly of the emissions system in the works for the 6.4L
Wanted a Superduty, Crew Cab Dually Diesel, she's my dream truck really.
The torqshift automatic, and 4.30's gave me the greatest towing capacity that year. Yes, I suffer from bad mileage (hovers right at 13.5mpg) she can move when she needs to though.

You profited from the 6.0L's reputation, but you sound like you know what to do to keep that rig reliable. When the heads where done, where the bolts replaced or where studs installed?
Old 02-08-2011, 03:33 PM

got mine from a man that stayed at our Rv park....didnt need it anymore never travels.....paid 15000 and only had 43k miles on it.....
Old 02-08-2011, 03:33 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I bought mine because I am a Ford guy blue and through. I have owned several Ford cars, including a sooped up '92 mustang, and then a '97 F150. I always wanted an F250 and a diesel. I moved to Colorado and after driving my 2wd F150 here for a couple years decided it was time to get a 4x4. I never even looked at chevy or dodge, I knew I wanted a Power Stroke. I researched the 7.3 and the 6.0 and decided the 6.0 suited me best for what I wanted in power and torque. I love the ability to to tune it and the 5r100. I knew full well what I was getting into with the head bolts and EGR system. Since the aftermarket industry has stepped up and provide mods and solutions to it all, I went with it. I love it!!! Yes, I have had some headaches from time to time, but I deal with it and take the appropriate actions I feel necessary to deal with them.

Hell, I haven't owned a car that didn't have it's own problems. Ever had to deal with vacuum issues on the early 12a rotary Mazda RX-7s? I did. That was my first car back in the mid 90s and it was a complete nightmare. Hardly anybody would work on them and parts were VERY HARD to find and when you did find them, they where VERY EXPENSIVE!!!

To each his own, but I LOVE MY 6.0!!!! That's why I bought mine.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:38 PM

I needed a new truck that can tow my 10,000lb 5th wheel with ease. For some reason we did not get a gm/chev. And we were not into the dodge.

At the dealership, some guy ordered my truck but it fell through. It was in the "sold" lot. It still had a sold sticker on it but it was a "what the He11" moment and asked is that really for sale.... so the man told came back and told me no. It was just what we were looking for, so we snatched it right up and drove it home that night for $41,000.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:39 PM

I have new bolts. If I ever need head gaskets again I will stud it. I am ok with that. If I never stud it thats cool too.

I am sick of only seeing people piss and moan about their 6.0. I am glad I am not the only one that likes mine.

Last edited by renegadedooer; 02-08-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I actually was just barely sort of looking when I found my truck on Ebay about 2 years ago. It was local, so I went and looked at it before the auction ended. I loved it, wife liked it (yeah, she loved it to and approved buying it). So when auction was about up, put in the first bid at the starting price ($20k for a '06 CC KR, bone stock, 90,000 miles). Best part was, the seller was looking for a beater for his construction business, so he also gave me $3k back on my '98 F150 which I was selling at the time.

I admit, that was before I knew anything about the difference between 6.0s and 7.3s, but I've gotten educated enough on here to take care of all the biggies, and wound up replacing all the injectors myself in two stages (all the screens on the fuel side sucked into the injectors...making it have cold start issues even in the summer), now I run all year round w/ tuned FICM and no inductive heat strategy, no problem! For what I paid on the truck, I don't regret having to put in the injectors.

I Hope to rack up the miles with it and drive it till it rusts appart!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.0, love my 6.0

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.