MY TRUCK IS AT THE DR. (POWERSTROKE MAGIC in HOUSTON,TX) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 08:01 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MY TRUCK IS AT THE DR. (POWERSTROKE MAGIC in HOUSTON,TX)

I had 4 injectors that were tired, and a gozillion oil leaks on my 03 motor. Even though she still ran like a bat out of hell, I decided to just put a new motor in it. The old motor has been stock since the first day we bought it. I have no complaints. She has been a tough cookie! 214,000 and still strong....

Powerstroke Magic is putting in the new one, doing head studs/gaskets, egr delete, and a few other "extras"

We are going back in with an 06 motor, so I'm gonna miss my 03 turbo. That thing sounded like a jet!!

All this and I didn't have to rob a bank to do it. These guys are by far the best prices and customer service I've experienced!!

Last edited by shannont80; 02-06-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
just have them switch the turbos that way you still have your 03. just rebuild it and clean it up and you are set. put the 06 turbo on the old motor. done
Old 02-06-2011, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
just have them switch the turbos that way you still have your 03. just rebuild it and clean it up and you are set. put the 06 turbo on the old motor. done
You have a good point Trav.... This motor has been so good I hate to part with it. I may just use it as a spare. No 6.0 "horror stories" with this one.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:27 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Didnt want to do a cummins swap huh?
Old 02-06-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbellflage View Post
Didnt want to do a cummins swap huh?
Not really, I couldn't gripe about the 6.0... (have alot of friends with cummins, good motor too) This thing has been awesome. Great power, and would pull the horns off a goat. I'm gonna stick with them. I used to be a 7.3 man, but this 6.0 has really out performed all my other trucks put together.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannont80 View Post
Not really, I couldn't gripe about the 6.0... (have alot of friends with cummins, good motor too) This thing has been awesome. Great power, and would pull the horns off a goat. I'm gonna stick with them. I used to be a 7.3 man, but this 6.0 has really out performed all my other trucks put together.
Yeah I love my 7.3, no experience with the 6.0 yet, but I'm trying to talk my buddy into getting one. I think they are great, you get out of them what you put into it you know. Just read how many miles you had only 214? Do you work the truck really hard?
Old 02-06-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbellflage View Post
Yeah I love my 7.3, no experience with the 6.0 yet, but I'm trying to talk my buddy into getting one. I think they are great, you get out of them what you put into it you know. Just read how many miles you had only 214? Do you work the truck really hard?
The truck was purchased in 02' by my father, who should have been a tester for Ford motor company. He pulls ALOT. He has 2 farms and they are 110 miles apart. He has 32' low byz that has carried 100 hp tractors, bailers, cutters, etc. Cattle trailers, boats, fertilizer trailers.... etc etc.... this guy works his equipment, but does his maintenance so that may help as well.

The trannie gave up at 132k, he put another in it and it is still going strong. He gave the truck to me, and bought him a 6.7. We'll see how this hold up to his work ethic....
Old 02-06-2011, 08:46 AM

Nice, man what a deal.. Nothing is better than free!!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:48 AM

True... especially if you are just a ranch hand..... I would have to had bought a compact if I was buying! LOL
Old 02-06-2011, 08:52 AM

Yeah but a ranch hand on dads farm is not just a ranch hand... Sounds like your taken care of... Especially in the future... Keep those farms in the family!! I want land soooo Bad, cant wait till I graduate, make some real money and get out of the two houses I have now... Neighbors are tooo close on either side of the houses, and there both on less than an acre plots. Oh yeah and deed restricted ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.