Had to show the neighbors the power of the powerstroke - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Had to show the neighbors the power of the powerstroke

After surviving the blizzard of 2011 we still have several streets that haven't been opened up yet. Today was the first day that we have had school again and since I was off I told the kids I would take them. On the way we noticed a school bus stuck and a bunch of police officers around it with shovels trying to dig it out. I happened to have the tow rope in the truck so I rolled down the window and asked if they wanted me to drag it back out on the main street. First guy looked at me like I was nuts and the second guy who was probably tired of digging was all for it. By this time several neighbors had come out to watch. After I pulled the bus out I go back to unhook the rope and all the neighbors are just shaking their heads and my wife says I can't believe you just moved that bus. All I said was !
Attached Thumbnails
Had to show the neighbors the power of the powerstroke-stuck.jpg   Had to show the neighbors the power of the powerstroke-stuck2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

AWESOME! I wish you had a video of it.

I'm surprised that the bus company was ok with you doing that. Around here they would have sat their for the wrecker.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The bus driver never got out of the bus or said one thing to me. I hooked the rope to the tow hook on the back of the bus and took my coat off and threw it over the rope. The police officer looked at me kind of funny when I did it. I said if that little rope breaks I really don't want a big dent in my tailgate.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:05 PM

Impressive!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:08 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
thats awesome. wish i could have seen that
Old 02-04-2011, 08:18 PM

Nice Job.....
Old 02-04-2011, 08:41 PM

Well I can relate to your experience.
When I was way up north of Manitoba Canada, and going back home from a shopping trip to Thompson I noticed a GM 1/2 ton stuck in the ditch. There was a Ram 4 x 4 hooked on the truck with a heavy sky doo sled in the box.
The ram was spinning trying to pull the GM out.
Well I pulled out my tow strap and hooked it on the RAM and I told the driver I was going to go realy slow because the road was to icy.
Well I shift mine into 1 st low gear with 4x 4 on and let go the clutch gently and pulled both trucks ahead at least 30ft while the Ram was helping me along after he got his traction again. I was truely surprised that it pulled so well, but I think it was a combination of good tires, gentle pull and weight of the F250.

I wish I would have had a Camera to see this Ram owner's face as I thanked him after I removed my strap from his truck. Without saying one word he got in his truck and road off.

This one song goes like this. It has the GM stuck, Ram got stock pulling the GM. The Ford pulled the Ram and got the GM and the Ram unstuck.

Last edited by caissiel; 02-04-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

That is awesome story, wish I could of seen it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.