Haven't had a diesel since my 2000 7.3 and I got rid of that 5 years ago. Starting to get the bug again, but I have heard many good/bad things about the 6.0L.
I know there is a lot of experience and trial and error on this forum...so please share your knowledge.
I will probably end up with an 2004 - 2006 Crew Cab, 4x4, Auto.
Here we go...
1. Are there "good" or "bad" years for the 6.0?
2. I have heard it does not tolerate mods as well as the 7.3L...true or false?
3. What are some of the important "do's" and "don'ts" for modding?
4. I am not interested in tearing the engine apart...what mods will work for me?
5. How do I pick the right chip or tuner?
6. Exhausts...I want it LOUD and I want children to run screaming when I am coming. I prefer stock outlet location.
7. Usage...This will be a daily driver and probably never see any real towing duty.
8. Water injection? Nitrous? Propane? Which one and why or why not?
Feel free to add anything I have missed and thanks for the help.