Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ever heard of IPR oil and EGR coolers??????

8K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  PGreenSVT 
#1 ·
I found these guys on the web last night, and i thought it was preety cool. They sell a high flow repalcement oil cooler as well as a Hi flow EGr cooler. They claim the EGR has better craftsmanship than Bulletproof. Anyone had any experiance with these guys or thier products?????

I live In CALI so a delete wont work!

Iprresearch.com

"IPR designed this Extreme Duty EGR Cooler and High Flow Oil Cooler for all 2004-2007 Ford Powerstroke 6.0 will fit F250, F350, F450. It's a redesign of the Ford OEM cooler which features a tube style stainless steel core which has been fully TIG welded to ensure reliable performance. This is the highest quality EGR cooler on the market, we've taken extra steps to throughly clean our cores internally and externally to ensure a contamination free weld and the ending results is that our EGR cooler's finish is a shiny polished unit. The cleaning process also removes all contaminants that would normally clog oil coolers. All gasket are included for installation. This package is also available with a Ford OEM Oil Cooler" IPR Extreme Duty EGR Cooler & Ford OEM Oil Cooler for all 2004-2007 Ford Powerstroke 6.0L

See less See more
#5 ·
Yeah we had a discussion on this product a while back here on the org too. The consensus was that the IPR design permitted the coolant to flow through the cooler too fast for effective/efficient heat transfer. Stay away.

#7 ·
So would machining an insert that pressed into the coolant otput, with the idea being to restrict its flow, help any? Id rather have the larger passages in the fins and a slightly smaller output. This way you avoid the clogging while still maintaining propper pressures and flow?
Just a thought.

#8 ·
If you don't like the OE design the the Bulletproof Diesel remote oil cooler is the way to go. First class piece of equipment and you'll never have to worry about your oil cooler again.

#9 ·
Agreed! The BD cooler is a piece of Art! I was over at BP last week getting the grand tour and got to hold the billet cooler adapter.. If you've never seen one in person... you need to. I have a fetish for CNC machined parts! And that puppy is beautiful! Nevermind the fact it works so much better...It just looks awesome! It's on my list for this spring/summer. When I do that and studs, hg's etc..
Unless of course any of the rumors are true, and they are working on an external oil to water cooler..? Then maybe I can wiggle my way in as a Beta tester for that baby?

#11 ·
Yeah, I put one on my truck around the 1st of the year. Very high quality stuff throughout and it has been working out great. The temps have been in the 20's and 30's lately and my oil temps have pretty much stayed around 175 or so. I am interested to see how they look in the summer heat. But you are right about the delete block that replaces the oe oil cooler. It is a piece of art work.

I can't for the life of me come up with a reason for BPD to be working on a remote oil to water cooler. Their current offering is a better way to go than that.

If i had a $1000 i would. I thought maybe this was the answer for the poor folks!
The answer for the poor folks is pretty straight forward. Oe oil cooler with Cat EC-1 rated ELC coolant. A bypass coolant filter is nice to add too. That setup should satisfy most situations. However if for some reason the oil cooler were to rupture you would still have oil to coolant cross contamination. The BPD remote oil cooler removes that as a possibility.

#10 ·
If i had a $1000 i would. I thought maybe this was the answer for the poor folks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.