Cousins buying a 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Cousins buying a 6.0

My cousins buying a 2005 f250 w 95k on it. Owner said he just spent 9k on head studs and replaced the egr, he said the only thing wrong w the truck is the turbo makes a noise under acceleration. Does the truck just need a turbo? Should he run from this truck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 06:13 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No. He should sell the current owner ocean front property in Kansas. Someone made some really good money off that head stud/egr replacement that he paid for.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:16 PM

How long ago did he get the studs done? I'd ask where he got it done and try to talk to whoever did the job...if it was done recently, the tech may have some insight into the truck. Tell the seller that you want to take it to a mechanic to have it checked out first. Good luck.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Premium Member

I would take it to someone with a computer and have everything monitored. Have them monitor the EOT and ECT very closely. Then have them pull the oasis. Turbo could end up costing $1,500 installed. Also, If the egr was replaced did they go with bullet proof and did they do the oil cooler at the same time?
Old 01-24-2011, 06:18 PM

My cousin said he had it done under warranty when the truck was still covered now it's just the turbo making a noise. I told him to get an oasis report for it
Old 01-24-2011, 06:21 PM

He has a truck dealership and stays far away from 6.0s had 3 and all of them were "bad ones" he loved mine and so did I bc they ran awesome. He's just leary of this one
Old 01-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Premium Member

If he looks it over good, and the price is right, he should be ok. I would'nt be suprised that he ended up with some bad ones. The first place people take their problems to unload them is a dealer. I'm sure he's gottin burned before with the six o.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:45 PM

Yea he's been burned by 6.0s w egr's head gaskets you name it. He's getting this truck to replace his 475k 7.3
Old 01-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Serving Our Country!

well 9k would buy a whole new motor, or at least close to it. if dealer fixed all the other stuff why woldnt they do the turbo, sounds fishy to me. ihave a crewcab longbed for sale for 12k has headstuds and egr done on it. but cant sell it cause no bank will finance a owner vehicle anymore, i had a friend goto 2 banks and both said if he'd goto a dealer theyd loan him the money,so the moral of story people are trading in broke down vechiles and dealers are just fixing what they have to so they can sell them. then you go back pay to fix it for them.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:21 AM

Yea sounds weird to me too, the headstuds and eye were done under warranty and the turbo must have just recently taken a crap so the owner wants to just get rid of it. It's a shame bc my cousin would prob buy your truck being a crew long w head studs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.