Grill Cover Question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Grill Cover Question

Is anybody running winter grill covers? If so, what kind and does it help? I live in Wisconsin and today the high temp is barely touching zero. Just curious. Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm using a FIA. Helps the truck warm up pretty good. They claimed better MPG on the website but I didn't see any of that.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I use the Fia in the winter months in the north also. As of November the cover goes on and stays on as long as I am not towing. It keeps the engine compartment nice and warm and the intake air temperature is not even affected

I use the Scangauge II and have observed great MPG results of up to 3MPG gain with it on. The engine temperature stays right on 190F and never is any problem. The MPG savings would pay for the Scangauge.

The ecommoders (club that watches mpg's) suggest to everyone to block the grills of their vehicles summer and winter and use the electric fan more often. The advantage is the fan compared to the little bit of air is pushed in while driving.

Never place any cardboard in directly front of the AC,Rad and air cooler, it will not alow the fan to do its job of cooling the system if required. On my truck the fan never comes on while having the block. But one never knows when it will be required.

Look at the size of the bars in front of the new SD trucks. The rad has to be large but the advantage is the size of the fan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.