EGR Plug fell off - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR Plug fell off

I have a 2005 F250 and today when I opened the hood I noticed the plug was off the egr valve. I cant bring it in for service for about a year because Im in a remote location. I was wondering if I should just leave it or try to cover it in some way. I would try to reconnect it but I am scared to touch it. Any suggestions would be great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I leave mine unpluged all the time. Just make sure the key is off before unpluging to ensure valve is in closed position.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Premium Member

Might want to put some tape or something over each end. Keeps the dirt out until you get it in for service, or not.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull36575 View Post
I leave mine unpluged all the time. Just make sure the key is off before unpluging to ensure valve is in closed position.
is it over 100 deg in your remote location
i could be wrong on this one but i think with some stratgy's with the egr unplugged it will screw with the hydro fan clutch and make it come on late or less than needed. but most say it no big issue. i think if your where towing id want it plug in to keep the fan timeing correct. hard to say what too do. i know what id do! pull the egr vavle out 8mm socket , pentatrating oil,pry bar, and a huge pair of channel locks. take bolts out wiggle, soak, and pull straight up. then clean with penatrating oil and wire brush. clean hole in manifold and put back in and plug her in. im sure it was out just cause someone thought they go faster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.