Giving up on the tuners - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 06:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Giving up on the tuners

As much as I love the SCT, I am returning my truck back to stock and leaving it. The smoky startups and the TC not locking up until 55 just adds to my worries of warranty denials in the future.

I have a new SCT for sale for $375 shipped as well as a new Superchips Flaspaq 1855 for $225 shipped.

Let me know if there is any interest. I will accept paypal only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2011, 06:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Who's tunes were you running? Did you talk to the tuner above your dislikes? They can address your issues!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyingdawg View Post
As much as I love the SCT, I am returning my truck back to stock and leaving it. The smoky startups and the TC not locking up until 55 just adds to my worries of warranty denials in the future.

I have a new SCT for sale for $375 shipped as well as a new Superchips Flaspaq 1855 for $225 shipped.

Let me know if there is any interest. I will accept paypal only.
I may be interested in the SCT, but I know little to nothing about them. I have been toying with the ideal of adding a tuner to my rig, but the warranty concerns have keep from doing so. Is your SCT just canned tunes or are they custom? and what would it take to have it work on my truck which is stock except for the intake and exhaust?
Old 01-18-2011, 06:15 AM
Premium Member

Your warranty should not be and issue. If you have to take the truck in for service, return to stock and take it for a drive before you take it in. From what I've been told by techs, there is no way they can prove you had it flashed. Thats the wonderful thing about the sct flash device.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps10 View Post
Who's tunes were you running? Did you talk to the tuner above your dislikes? They can address your issues!
Eric did the tunes and has been excellent in every way in addressing the issues. It just appears that these issues are common to the F250. I need my warranty to be effective until I reach 200k (diesel care) and cannot risk losing it for a tune.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyingdawg View Post
Eric did the tunes and has been excellent in every way in addressing the issues. It just appears that these issues are common to the F250. I need my warranty to be effective until I reach 200k (diesel care) and cannot risk losing it for a tune.
Why I still run stock. I buy vehicles and run them for as long as possible. While the tunes probably won't do anything to lessen the lifetime of my truck, I still don't want to take the chance. I figured if I could get 200,000 miles out of my last two gassers I should be able to get 400,000 out of a powerstroke easy!

Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind at any time.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:39 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Just find a mod friendly dealer. My dealer actually tried to sell me a programmer while it was under warranty.

And the cold start issue is most likely caused by injector stiction, as I have the same issue. Switching to a good 5W-40 synthetic oil and adding some Rev-X will fix that easily. You might also want to check your FICM voltage.

Also, the torque converter lockup can be adjusted very easily by Eric.

And another thing to think about, the firm shifts Eric offers are way better for your transmission than the crappy stock tune shifts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.