First thing ain't necisarily first! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2007, 04:41 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to jlindsey Send a message via AIM to jlindsey Send a message via MSN to jlindsey
First thing ain't necisarily first!

Ok so I've had my new 07 PSD F250 4x4 CC for a hole 4 days now, and I'm already finding some things I want to improve it. I want to put satellite radio in, using that aux on my radio, I'm not big on putting in after market stereos. I had one in a car and it got stole. Since then stock is just fine with me. My buddy when I get it back to cruces is going to start on my front bumper replacement, headache rack, rear bumper replacement, and tool box with fuel tank. I also would like to add the recon roof clearance lights, I found a guy in cruces to do that. I want to add the upfitter switches as well. I know that's kinda expensive, but the truck doesn't have them on there, but it does have the spray in bed liner already, so that kinda counter acts that cost. As far as upgrades to the engine, I think I would like to do a banks on it, but I would wait on that till after the warranty expires. What's everyone's thoughts on all of this?
-Jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Banned

Well this otta be good
Old 07-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

DON'T GO BANKS!!!!!!!!!!! Its a 100% NON-satisfaction guaranteed. If you want exhaust go MBRP or silverline exhaust are top notch, if you want a good cold air intake AEM or afe makes good intakes, and the only BEST tuner or programmer for a 6.0 is SCT xcal 2 and the choices of companies that make good tunes for it is Elite Diesel, Innovative Diesel, and DJ diesel. BANKS LOL IT MAKES YOUR BANK GO BROKE!!!! Like everyone says on here Gale Banks (owner of the company) is the only one that likes his products. Banks products are over priced and is nothing special performance wise.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Strokin' In Dixie-Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman77 View Post
Well this otta be good
Yeah - you are right!

Congrats on the new rig - jlindsey!
Old 07-07-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlindsey View Post
As far as upgrades to the engine, I think I would like to do a banks on it,
-Jonathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman77 View Post
Well this otta be good
man a new one it seems like every 2 or 3 weeks huh?

i guess i wasn't much smarter at first either, huh Dman77?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
what kind of bumpers you gonna put on it... and also does your truck already come with cab lights? and i agree on the dont go banks thing.... your just paying for the name brand... go with MBRP exhaust AFE stage 2 intake and a custom tuned chip from SCT....if you have any other questions please feel free to ask

-Raul
Old 07-08-2007, 08:51 PM

Send a message via ICQ to jlindsey Send a message via AIM to jlindsey Send a message via MSN to jlindsey
I'll do some research, many of the reasons I signed up on this board. My buddy's a welder he's doing the bumper replacements, headache rack n what not. I have seen his work on the ranch trucks, and I'm very satisfied. I don't want something everyone else has. No my truck doesn't have the running lights currently. I checked another thread about running lights, I think in the exterior 6.0 forum, several guys are running rcon lights and have had them done, or done them themselves and are satisified with em. As for the banks system, I will definately research it, I had heard about it and edge, but that's a long ways down the road for me. This is my very first new vehicle, very first diesel. So I'm sure I'll get a ton of guidance (sp?). Anyways I'm out in cali right now, and there's people waiting at the hotel for the computer so I guess that's it for tonight.
-Jonathan Lindsey
Old 07-09-2007, 04:01 PM

Your buddies a welder? Reminds of a warning I read on a Ford OEM site.....do not do any welding on your truck or any attached component without disconnecting recommended components !
https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/Q123.pdf
Old 07-09-2007, 05:40 PM

thanks for the advice, I will do that if we decide to weld directly to the truck. I think it'll be mostly bolt on kind of stuff. Thanks again tho.
-Jonathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.