Join Date: Sep 2010
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You have one hell of a setup noted there! But you don't need to do everything at once, for instance head gaskets & ARP studs can wait until they are needed, unless you plan to tune & flogg the truck. That alone will save several thousand dollars.
Most recommended upgrades to the 6.0 in no particular order:
- ARP Studs, Black Oynx Gaskets, with machined flat & true heads.
- EGR Delete with new Oil Cooler. Flush cooling system with Restore & Restore+/VC-9.
- After flushing out the Ford Gold Coolant pour in any Cat ELC EC-1 rated coolant (Shell, Cat, Dello, Etc)
- By-pass Coolant Filter (Dieselsite, MKM, Etc.)
- By-pass Oil Filter (Amsoil, NUC Moto, Etc.)
- Switch Oil to a 5/10-w30/40. Consensus is Synthetic is better but any thinner oil will definitely help with cold starts & the life of your injectors.
- Turbo Oil Tubes
- FPR Upgrade Spring
- CCV Rereoute
- Updated Turbo/IC Boots
- GAUGES! (Insight CS/CTS, Individual Gauges, DashDaq, Etc.) Gotta monitor those EOT, ECT, & EGT's!
- SCT Tuner with your choice of custom tunes.
I'd get rid of the Edge, the word is they are very hard on transmissions. Custom Tuned SCT's are the ticket for a 6.0.
I hope this helps??