Recall 05b27 2005 F250 Transmission Cracked - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recall 05b27 2005 F250 Transmission Cracked

If anyone can help me out i would appreciate it. I have a 2005 Ford F250 with snow plow package and my transmission now has a crack in it. My mechanic and I could not firgure out why but after using the internet i was able to find the recall 05b27 with the snap ring breaking that cause the transmission to crack.
I discovered this leak while i was plowing during the 2 feet of snow we just got. My mechanic gave me a price of about 4k to replace. I am going to call Ford dealer on monday and see what i can do. If anyone has a specific phone number to call or any suggestions or past experiences with this same problem please post on this. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

This Field Service Action expired on October 02, 2006.

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers

SUBJECT: Customer Satisfaction Program 05B27 Supplement #1:
Certain 2005 Model Year F-Super Duty Vehicles Equipped with a 5R110 TorqShift Transmission and Snow Plow Prep Package
Transmission Low/Reverse Snap Ring Replacement

RE: Customer Satisfaction Program 05B27 Dated February 25, 2005

RE: Advance Notice - Customer Satisfaction Program 05B27 Dated February 1, 2005

REASON FOR THIS SUPPLEMENT

This bulletin is being re-issued to extend the program terms through September 30, 2006.

PROGRAM TERMS

This program will be in effect until September 30, 2006 regardless of mileage. Coverage is automatically transferred to subsequent owners.

AFFECTED VEHICLES

Certain 2005 model year F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a 5R110 TorqShift transmission and Snow Plow Prep Package.

Diesel Engine Vehicles built from Job #1 2005 through 1/12/2005.
Gas Engine Vehicles built from Job #1 2005 through 1/14/2005.
Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS. In addition, for a list of vehicles assigned to your dealership, visit https://web.fsavinlists.dealerconnection.com. This information will be available on February 28, 2005.

REASON FOR THIS PROGRAM

When the affected vehicles are used for snow plowing, it is common to shift between forward and reverse repeatedly, and at times, rapidly. Under this condition, the snap ring that retains the low/reverse clutch in the 5R110 TorqShift transmission may rotate out of position and become partially unseated from the transmission case splines, leading to either partial or complete loss of transmission reverse gear function. This program is being conducted to change the snap ring to a revised design to avoid this concern.

SERVICE ACTION

At no charge to the vehicle owner, dealers are to replace the low/reverse snap ring on the 5R110 TorqShift transmission on all of the affected vehicles. Note: If vehicles are repaired in a timely manner, secondary transmission damage can be avoided.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Call (800)521-4140 AND COMPLAIN

Just got off the phone with Ford Customer Service (800) 521-4140. They pretty much told me to kiss *** becuase I am out of warranty and there is NOTHING they can do. They said they put the complaint through and it goes to the NHTSA who determines if a recall is necessary. They told me the Customer Satisfaction Program 05B27 did apply to my truck but that it expired and it is NOT a recall. They told me to save all receipts so that if there is a recall Ford will then go through the reimbursement cycle.

EVERYONE WHO HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM NEEDS TO CALL THIS NUMBER (800) 521-4140 SO THAT WE CAN GET THE NHTSA TO GIVE A RECALL. EVEN IF YOUR TRUCK QUALIFIES AND IT HASNT HAPPENED YET CALL ANYWAYS AND COMPLAIN. IF EVERYONE STICKS TOGTEHER WE CAN KICK FORDS ***.

I now have to come up with $4k for a problem Ford knows about. Please Post that phone number everywehere and get everyone calling Ford about this problem. WE CAN DO THIS.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

calm down, That fsa expired over 4 years ago . If there had been this big problem with these trans they would have been recalled already . plus this isnt a saftey problem the whole trans doesnt explode or anything. nhsta wont recall if there isnt a saftey problem . I understand you trans has a problem but this wasnt as wide spread a problem to all the trucks , It only pertained to plow preped trucks , and most of the fsa actions were done right before they came off the lot . Has your truck already had this performed ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.