POWERSTROKE MAGIC HOUSTON, TX - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 07:49 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
POWERSTROKE MAGIC HOUSTON, TX

I just wanted to say thank you to Phillip at Powerstroke Magic for taking quite a bit of time with me today. My truck has been running rough and he helped me diagnose some issues.

When I first pulled up to the place I seen big monster truck type show truck sitting in the parking lot. Many nice strokes were parked there. Shop was real nice. I was kind of embarrassed to roll in there with my heap.

When I drive in the lot I'm thinking, wow I'm out of place here. I drove up in my beat up wragged out 03' loping and rattling like it was a rat trap. Got a big load of wood in the back to add the redneck appeal. I still haven't shaved my deer hunting beard and had my work clothes on. I just knew they were thinking wow, this dude is probably broke as a joke (and they would have been right). However, as soon as I pulled up a gentlemen walked right up and asked what could he do for me today. In a matter of seconds he was plugged up to the truck and was doing some show and tell on the codes I was having. He walked me through all the visual checks and quickly put together a "to do" list. He helped me prioritize what needed to be done and broke down prices to do each. Knowing I was on a pretty tight budget, he did his best to take care of me.

These are great people to deal with. Down to earth people who are not just out to snatch money out of your wallet. They try to help get you back on the road as cheap as they can.

Thanks Phillip....

Last edited by shannont80; 01-14-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Good to hear! I'm up in Humble and it's nice to know a good shop is close.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:16 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
A big ditto on Phillip and Powerstroke Magic.

Bought my 05 KR on Friday 1/7. I had spoke with several shops around town about getting the parts to do the mods and install charges. Phillip was the best at taking the time to talk to me and answer my questions. Heck he even helped me with the issues of delivery and pick up I was working with.

I ususally do my own mechanical work simple stuff to heavy duty, but time was an issue and I decided to let them install the parts too. I even let them do the simple routine maintenance like change the oil ($70 with Motorcraft oil/filter), trans fluid/filter, fuel filter, diff fluid, radiator hoses, and coolant flust. CUSTOMER SERVICE was the key. Emails even replied to promptly. I picked up the truck from the seller with Phillips help and drove it straight to PSM for the work. When finished, I picked the truck up Thursday 1/13 (again with Phillip's help) and all I can say is wow - What a difference !

I started out wanting a turbo back exhaust, tuner, and intake. He pointed me to the best bang for the buck there. The more we talked the more the elective work list increased along with a few maintainence items.

I am not getting any discount or fee from PSM for this review. I am usually one of the first ones to post a bad experience to warn others and it is only fair a good experience gets rewarded. If you are needing some work done these guys deserve a shot!

BTW, need to change my sig now...
Mini Maxx
Magnaflow 4" turbo back MBRP 5" tip
AFE stage II intake
EGR bypass
Door handle swap (rear all the way around)

Shawn
Old 01-22-2011, 10:09 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've been talking with Phillip for the past month getting a plan together to fix mine and finally I dropped it off Friday. Outstanding place, it's nice to be treated like a human and have people talk and explain things in such a simple manner.

In the past month Phillip has always answered any questions and gone the extra mile. Main reason I drove 3 hours to have them do the work. Can't wait to have my truck back and fixed.

Last edited by craftkr; 01-24-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:25 AM

Same here. Very pleased with the work and the customer service. Phillip's a keeper for sure.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:34 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That's good to know, I never realized there was a good shop so close.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Premium Member

I've used them and also had a great experience. Cant beat there prices for studding/deleting a truck..
Old 02-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Wow I am glad to hear about happy customers. I have been in this business for over 10 years and never have I gotten love like this. Thanks powerstroke owners

Phillip
Old 02-01-2011, 04:48 PM

Phil, yal deserve the praise you get. not out to make a quick buck off your customers, actually explain what's going on with the truck. It's greatly appreciated.

btw, those new shocks i got are riding great! thanks again!

-Garrett
Old 02-01-2011, 06:41 PM

Yup.... I dropped by on my way to South Texas today just to say hello to Phillp and the gang. Down to earth people, no doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.