PHP and Ordering - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PHP and Ordering

I feel obligated to give everyone a forewarning on PHP's ordering process. Now before I go any further I must say PHP's products are top notch! I truly am very satisfied with their FICM program and by the time you do get a hold of them they are very nice to work with. The problem is getting a hold of them!

First of all it took forever for the FICM programmer to get to me. Granted it took about two weeks longer because when I finally did receive the email saying my number had came up I was out of town. When I did finally get a hold of Corey she said no worries and didn't drop me off the list, like I said when you get a hold of them they are great. The FICM programmer came very quickly, once again impressed. I installed and shipped back the same day. Reason being, when you do the remote programming they charge you an extra $250 for security reasons, so I wanted my money back.

Well it's been about 3 weeks now and every time I call, which has been several times Corey is out of the office or is sick or here recently (today) they have no power so they can't check anything, and oh yea if the power was on she's out of the office. I expressed to Cody that I had been sending Corey emails asking about this and he said it would be better to just keep calling. Why even have an email address if you're never going to reply back?

Like I said, PHP makes great products, but in my opinion they are understaffed. I understand the wait on the FICM because I know they only have so many to send out, but the ordering process was a challenge. I even sent a copy of my military id to get the discount and even though I did it wasn't applied to my final bill. I'm just frustrated I guess, it doesn't help that my wife is hounding me on the deposit.

Hopefully everyone else has a better experience than I did. If I had it to do over again I would have just sent in my FICM. That way it would have avoided the deposit and the frustration on getting my money back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It seems so rare now to find a company with good customer service.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2625 View Post
It seems so rare now to find a company with good customer service.
I would have to agree with that!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Serving Our Country!

Don't get me wrong, their customer service is great, it's just getting ahold of them that's tough. As for why it's taking so long to get my refund I have no idea. It's probably a cross between the holidays and the storm that hit them?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Serving Our Country!

But I agree with trying to find a company that offers good customer service. I contacted a flooring company here in town and told them what I was looking for. They said they'd contact me and schedule a time to do measurements. Didn't hear from them again. Their loss, I'll take m 10K elsewhere....
Old 01-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I've contacted them about twenty different times (tried all email addresses, phone numbers, left a message, etc. etc.) and I have never gotten a response (or an answered phone call). If this keeps up they will NOT be getting my business. Because right now I'm not happy with the crappy customer service I am getting.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:10 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Crap I hate the sounds of that. I want to get my edge evolution converted to gryphon(only reason I bought the edge got one heck of a deal) and get a couple custom tunes for it from them. I read their website and it says 4-6 weeks, but I bet it would be longer than that. They seem to very behind right now, and don't know how they will get caught up.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Pretty much the same issues I've had with them multiple times. Terrible communication and always an excuse, then it got really bad. Product seems fine though, but there's others out there.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdwg View Post
Don't get me wrong, their customer service is great, it's just getting ahold of them that's tough. As for why it's taking so long to get my refund I have no idea. It's probably a cross between the holidays and the storm that hit them?
They posted EXACTLY that on their website. They were closed quite a bit for the holidays (and a health issue IIRC) and now they are closed because of the storm.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I've also had the communication problems with them. I've bought 2 chips for 2 trucks from them. Sent 1 back for custom tuning and didn't know if I was ever going to get it back they had it so long. When I got it back though it was worth the wait and I am completely satisfied with both chips. I think their good reputation outgrew their small operation and just has them swamped. Everyone I talked with there was very helpful when I did get ahold of them. The ordering process was also kind of a pain in the butt. I still recommend PHP but wouldn't be in a hurry to get anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.