MY CONFESSION - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 07:58 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MY CONFESSION

well here it goes.....on the day before christmas eve i left with some buddies to go christmas shopping and we ended up about an hour south of my house to check out a 2011 ford raptor super crew. the super crew had just been released and i had never seen one before, and my friends and i being the truck guys that we are we had to give it a look. i believe i was almost completely under the truck at the time when a voice from above said "so you wanna take it for a drive".......i don't believe i'm the only guy on here that would have taken them up on the offer. after the drive, which was quite impressive, i was ready for the insulting offer on my 2005 blue beast and i was gonna enjoy telling them that i had nothing for them. as i predicted the insult came and i told them thanks but no thanks and tried to roll out to start my shopping a day earlier than normal. before i could get out they asked what it would take to make a deal and that was my chance to make a ridiculous offer right back at them. after 3 hours of me saying no and them coming closer and closer to my offer my buddies were cleaning out my truck and putting it all in my new ride. all i can tell you is this if you ever wanna buy a new vehicle go on the day before christmas eve instead of the last day of the year cuz you will be the only customer there and they get desperate. i really enjoy the time and knowledge i gather here and will continue to try to offer any help i can and if you get a chance to drive a 6.2 raptor.....DO IT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Old 01-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Alright, alright..... PICTURES OR BAN!

I've always loved the Raptors, but there's no way I could leave my crew cab. When I heard they were releasing a SuperCrew, my ears perked up.

And if you don't mind me asking, how much did they give you for you truck?

And even better, how much did you end up paying for the Raptor?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Serving Our Country!

Congrats bro, I've been eyeing a Raptor for a LONG time! I haven't test drove one just because I'm sure I'd end up in the same situation as you...haha. The only thing keeping me from doing so is I enjoy no monthly payments on my truck How do you like that 6.2?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah, lets see some pics. I glanced at one when I was at the dealer a few months back, they are pretty sharp but the price tags are rediculous
Old 01-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdwg View Post
Congrats bro, I've been eyeing a Raptor for a LONG time! I haven't test drove one just because I'm sure I'd end up in the same situation as you...haha. The only thing keeping me from doing so is I enjoy no monthly payments on my truck How do you like that 6.2?
MMMM Yes, that's the best mod I've ever done to my truck.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:16 AM
Serving Our Country!

I know bro it's great, but my wife on the underhand just got a new Tahoe, so I might as well have two payments...haha

Show some pics, what color did you get?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
Alright, alright..... PICTURES OR BAN!

I've always loved the Raptors, but there's no way I could leave my crew cab. When I heard they were releasing a SuperCrew, my ears perked up.

And if you don't mind me asking, how much did they give you for you truck?

And even better, how much did you end up paying for the Raptor?
got 28000 for mine when they started at 22000 but only got 2000 off of the 51000 dollar sticker.......from what i have read online getting the price down on the crew cab is gonna be tough for awhile
Old 01-10-2011, 08:34 AM

i just put 2 pics from my phone on photobucket but now cant seem to get them downloaded here cuz i forgot how i did it before......any help?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdwg View Post
I know bro it's great, but my wife on the underhand just got a new Tahoe, so I might as well have two payments...haha

Show some pics, what color did you get?
its silver without the decal package.....those stickers aint my thing and im working on the pics now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.