Lighting question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Lighting question

What do all of you do with your lights? I need to do something with my lack of lighting. If it wasn't for the 2 small driving lights I would be in trouble. I just have the stock bulbs in the headlights and fog/driving lights. Everytime I go to the dunes or the mountains in the dark I hate my lights but I don't think of fixing it until the next time I'm stuck in the dark. I know that the big floods and a light bar would be best but I want to try and fix the the stock stuff first. Whats the way to do that? I see alot of the Xenon and HIDS kits etc. and I just don't know anything about this stuff so if anyone could suggest some stuff I would really appreciate it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2011, 04:35 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The cheapest way would be to adjust the lights. And with a little bit of cash you could upgrade the stock bulbs and adjust the lights. With alot more cash you could get the HID's.

I went with option 2, I upgraded my bulbs and adjusted the headlamps to my liking.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HIDs aren't expensive. I got em for my headlights and fog lights for $68 bucks. Install is a snap, since they're almost completely plug-n-play.

Here's the link: HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

Old 01-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Premium Member

Might want to think about Bright Box, or a simple one that does the same.

budget brite box
Old 01-09-2011, 07:16 AM

You can buy a kit that uses relays and gives you more power at your lights. It bypasses all the wiring into the switch. This and some PIAA bulbs would give a noticable improvement.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

so when looking at the HID kit from mah77, looks like this is the way to go. Do I need to get two kits? one for the headlights and one for the fog lights. also do I need to do anything to the adjustment of the lights or anything? I know these are going to be brighter and my friend had mentioned to me that they put off a scatter affect that will blind on coming traffic, is this true? What kind of bulbs is the popular one to go with and is it hard to put on the truck yourself? Thanks for all your comments guys.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlarkin View Post
so when looking at the HID kit from mah77, looks like this is the way to go. Do I need to get two kits? one for the headlights and one for the fog lights. also do I need to do anything to the adjustment of the lights or anything? I know these are going to be brighter and my friend had mentioned to me that they put off a scatter affect that will blind on coming traffic, is this true? What kind of bulbs is the popular one to go with and is it hard to put on the truck yourself? Thanks for all your comments guys.
You'll need one kit for the headlights, and one for the fogs. I got the 35W Raptor kit, which was plenty bright. I also went with the 4500K bulbs, because I didn't want to draw too much attention from the cops. The light does have a scatter effect, so you will need to adjust your lights after the install (which is real easy). You don't need the harness or adapter kit.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

What kind of bulbs did you use for the fogs?
Old 01-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The DDM lights are a great upgrade. I put the raptor 55W 8k in the head lights and 35W 8k in the fogs. I think your truck uses 9007 heads and 9006 fogs. Install is easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.