General Grabbers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking General Grabbers

Well finally bit the bullet on getting the General Grabber's, local discount tire managed to get the 35x12.5r18 for a cheap $1600 installed. Was hesitant since they haven't been out long to get a real good review on treadwear or performance, but o'well, tis the season to self-gift. So far today only have about 150 miles on them, but they are smooth and not loud like my pro comps were, and they look super sweet on the XD rims. We'll see how well they do with the gooseneck on the back next weekend going to Laughlin.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Devine, how are those Grabbers treating you so far?
Any updates for rain or snow conditions?
How about for towning?
My beast is getting ready to grow up in a few weeks and I would like to get one last opinion on the Grabbers before I purchase them?

Thanks,
Old 10-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Dev are you lifted?
Old 10-08-2011, 04:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Offroadsd- I really like the grabbers. I've got 15,000 miles on them so far and they are wearing slowly and evenly. Last month I put about 4000 miles on them on a trip back east pulling my goose weighing at about 18000lbs total and they handled it no problem. My buddy has them on his 3/4 dodge and he hasn't had a problem with them either. The thing that impressed me most is out here in AZ I tend to find myself on some rocky roads in the mountains, the grabbers have way better traction then my old pro comps in the mud and the dry, they clean out really quick and I have yet to "chunk out" a piece of the tire yet, not even the littlest piece has come off.

Overall they are great. Road noise isnt bad at all, my pro comp extrem all terrains were worse. They work great for occasional heavy towing. The ride is smooth, no shakes or wobbles. They look good on the superdutys. I haven't had them in the snow yet, in the rain there is no lack of confidence in them. I had them out in the sand dunes of southern California too and there was no issue there either. As far as price, I picked them up for less then what I paid for the pro comps and less then what my buddy paid for his nitro mud grapplers in the same size. I like them better then any other tire I've put on my superduty enough that we're putting them on my girlfriends SD and both of our class 3 desert trucks. On a side note I talked to a class 8 full-size truck team down at the baja 1000 last year about them, granted they are running a race compound, but they said that in the past 2 years they ran the grabbers they completed the baja 1000 on the same tires they started with never had a blowout or one come apart in the boulder fields. The decision is yours, but personally I would stand behind the grabber over any BFG, Nitto, ProComp or Cooper tire.

Jocww- all I have is an add a leaf leveling kit on my front leaf pack. Picked it up on eBay for around $130. Had to trim the inner fender liner on the back side a little to clear the 35" tires but they don't rub or hit anywhere even when the axles are flexed in a ditch or what have it.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevineRacingF350 View Post
Well finally bit the bullet on getting the General Grabber's, local discount tire managed to get the 35x12.5r18 for a cheap $1600 installed. Was hesitant since they haven't been out long to get a real good review on treadwear or performance, but o'well, tis the season to self-gift. So far today only have about 150 miles on them, but they are smooth and not loud like my pro comps were, and they look super sweet on the XD rims. We'll see how well they do with the gooseneck on the back next weekend going to Laughlin.

Those look Sweet!
FYI, there used to be a saying for General Tires back in the day it went something like this, "Sooner or later, your gonna buy Generals!" Lol, I love my generals. There quiet, offer a comfortable ride, have tread pattern that looks wicked cool and are super easy to keep clean.
Sweet lookin' Truck with those tires man!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had a set on the Silverado I owned before my SD, AWESOME tires, not one complaint at all, go anywhere, go over anything, through anything and they hold up awesome in any conditions. Definitely want another set when I get new tires for my SD. On a side note, Continental North America (General Tire) is awesome with their warranty claims, had a set of some regular Generals on a buddys car and one went bad, they had it replaced free of charge in 2 days.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:14 AM

i put a set on my truck this spring .
best tire we've had around the farm in a long time !!!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlinB View Post
i put a set on my truck this spring .
best tire we've had around the farm in a long time !!!
I sea alot around here and this is DEF farm country! BTW, these are rated only #4 on tirerack.com! there #1 in my book. I may buy a Larger size when I put New ones on but I'm staying with the Generals.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroKR20 View Post
I had a set on the Silverado I owned before my SD, AWESOME tires, not one complaint at all, go anywhere, go over anything, through anything and they hold up awesome in any conditions. Definitely want another set when I get new tires for my SD. On a side note, Continental North America (General Tire) is awesome with their warranty claims, had a set of some regular Generals on a buddys car and one went bad, they had it replaced free of charge in 2 days.
There warranty is awsome!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I love how they bite too. On pavement it sounded like they were sticking to it. Only dislike was they would throw mud up and over the cab... 6" lift, 35x12.50/20. But that didn't bother me until I washed it haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.