p2290 was easy fix for me. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
p2290 was easy fix for me.

2006 f350 6.0. has been in the shop for egr cooler replacement twice this year. had the heads pulled one of those times. and had the oil cooler replaced once about three months ago. last year it had the egr cooler replaced twice. all under warranty until now. 117000 miles. on the way home i had noticed the past week when i went to pass someone at high rpm,s it had a miss. about 4 miles from the house the mil came on. stopped at autozone and had them check it. p2290 the paper said dirty or wrong filter, icp sensor, and a few other things. took it across the street to jiffy lube-(work truck)-to get it serviced. according to the previous ticket it had rotella put in it. when they drained it it looked like it was thin as water and very black. they did the fuel and oil filters and put in rotella from jugs. they started it up and she was still running very rough. after about tem minutes of running she smoothed right out. after that i asked them to contact the other store. there pump for the rotella had been out. still out. damn. they ran the truck for 10 more minutes after a lot of complaining. then changed the oil and filter again. drove my 110 mile round trip from work and home and all is well. she is running good again. no longer afraid to pass people.

so if you have your oil changed ( i dont have a choice with this truck) make darn sure they are using the right oil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yep had the same problem, but I did it myself. Put some cheap 15-40(supertech) in it to flush it out after I did my heads. Bad idea. You got off easy with just a miss. Mine ran like crap. Sputtering and missing. Could barely drive it. Thought it something that I did when I was putting it back together and was ready to take it to the dealership to see if I screwed it up. Just changed the oil to mobil one and bam good as new.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

now it did it for just a tiny bit this morning when cold. we arent allowed to change the oil in our service trucks due to records. but this weekend i am going to drain and refill the oil myself just to make sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.