Thinking about trading in.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thinking about trading in....

So what I have is in the sig below in pretty good condition.

03 F250 2wd Lariat 6.0 135,000 miles.

My sole reason is wanting 4wd. That is it. So my current requirements are:

Less than 15,000 dollars. Pretty much want to keep my payments the same.
4wd. I really want the FX4 package but as long as it's 4wd I'm good.
Crewcab.
Shortbed.
Tan interior. Gray makes me want to cut my wrists and listen to Linkin Park.
Diesel.

I've found a few trucks, but they've all been eliminated from my list. Most of them due to the gray interior even though they're 7.3 like I really want.

My current option is a 03 F250 6.0 CCSB Lariat. Tan leather interior. Auto. FX4. Pretty much everything I want. 192k on the clock. Wow. Plus I was told the headgaskets had been replaced not too long ago by the previous owner. Now I'm worried about the heads being tested for straightness/cracks and what caused the headgaskets to go.

My truck is mechanically sound. NO PROBLEMS whatsoever besides a hint of stiction in the morning. Original injectors, heads, egr cooler, egr valve. A perfect truck IMO.

I dunno what to do. I want my truck to be a 4wd but I don't want to compromise either.

So what say you PowerStrokers. Give me you 2 cents and let's drink beers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

My dad just traded his 03 6.0, it's sitting at the dealer, tan on tan, CCSB, about 90-92K miles. I think they are wanting around 17k. Never had any problems with it.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:13 PM

If your happy with your truck keep it and make it how you want. if your handy with tools and a welder. it could be done for little bit of cash.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:28 PM

Personally If you want one then start looking and continue to look till you find what you want. It took me years of saying I was going to get one then started looking serious in August waited for a End of Year deal And feel like I got a awesome deal on my 2006 F-350. I actually walked away half-way through the deal on another truck just couldn't finish it wasn't everything I wanted. Be patient expand your search area you will find what you want. I drove 487 miles one way 7 and a half hours for a deal!!! But that nice Black/Tan 2006 King Ranch F-350 I am looking at out my window was worth it.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Banned

lol and we're trying to keep it running for you.

I really can't drive that far but I am going to see the truck listed above today and take her for a spin.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Don't do it man. Find yourself the parts to do an 05-07 4x4 conversion and keep your truck. Or settle down and wait till you find what you really want at a price you can pay. Personally I'd opt for the conversion.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
Don't do it man. Find yourself the parts to do an 05-07 4x4 conversion and keep your truck. Or settle down and wait till you find what you really want at a price you can pay. Personally I'd opt for the conversion.
Completely agree with PGreen, Its not often when your lucky enough to find the truck that meets all of your wants without a long long search. I happened to get lucky one day, my chevy's torque converter grenaded at 45k that week and i was sick of fixing that truck when i was at john deere picking up parts and i happened to see the truck that i currently own now. I absolutely love my ford and feel empowered every time i get behind the wheel because its everything i want.
The main point of that story is not to settle with something you dont want because if you get one that has the grey interior you will be ok with it for awhile but down the road you will be wanting to change it. So either do the 4x4 conversion or sit tight and scour the web for your perfect truck! Good Luck!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian View Post
lol and we're trying to keep it running for you.

I really can't drive that far but I am going to see the truck listed above today and take her for a spin.
Ha ha funny all fluids will be changed Thursday found the CAT ELC coolant.
Dang this Diesel killing my pocketbook. Think going to get Edge Insight CS and wait till after tax season for EGR Delete.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
do you want a 4x4 or do you actually NEED it? after my truck i know i will never buy another 6.0 after this one because this one has given me the most reliable truck ive ever had, and with my luck the next one would be a complete lemon.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Banned

I was SOOOOO close to picking up a 4x4 7.3 today. Gray interior and 225k on the clock but they were literally RAPING me on my trade.

Right now, no I do not need the 4x4. When I move, and I will, I have NO CLUE where I will go and there are hundreds of reasons for me to get a 4x4.

I love to shoot and my FREE shooting range is my family's land, in the woods, with no road. FML I can only go when it's dry.

Need to get to point C from point A and it's a straight shot but it's been raining so now I have to drive to point B and then put on extra miles to get there.

Snow

Mud

Beach

I must have the 4x4 but I will NOT get raped on a ****ing awesome truck just because "It's a 6.0 and everyone hates them"

That was literally their reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
05-07 4x4 conversion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.