what do you think its worth? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question what do you think its worth?

Im wanting to sell my truck and try and get a 2011. Here's what i got 04 f-250 xlt fx4 package 6.0 diesel 87,000 on it. there are some small scratches on it and a couple small small dents in the drivers door. egr delete from sinister flip over gooseneck ball rhino line bed liner, heavy duty front bumper replacement, off road lights, clean inside, power windows,locks,tilt,cruise, over 50% left on the tires. I got a guy that might give me 19000 for it which is more than i owe but i was wanting to know if im screwing him or if i could maybe get a little more for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 10:16 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
i traded my 04 in july it was a ccsb 4x4 psd lariat. pwr locks, windows. pwr driver and pass seat, pedals, 6 disc only options i could see it didnt have was a power slider, rear window and sunroof. the body was nearly perfect, tires were good 80% they were 35"s only flaw in the interior was the diver seat was worn typical to the driver getting in and out. truck had 123k spray liner and gooseneck as well. i was given 15,500 at the dealer in trade for my 06. i believe the milage difference would offset the xlt vs the lariat. sounds like a pretty decent price in my book. when i sold my truck they had one exactly like mine same color and year with 80 something on the clock, had a bench with the fold down and stock tires other than that exact same truck listed at 23 grand. it sat on their lot for a month and a half. so given they were planning on taking less than 23grand for that truck and i sold mine for 15,500 that puts you deep in the ball game. both trucks i mentioned mine and the one at the dealer were 2004 lariats. this was also in juune/july of last year so the value has likely depriceated from time as well as diesel cost. 19 grand seems like a good price to me.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:21 AM

thanks man. Thats kinda what i told him that if he bought it off a lot he would probably pay more than 20 for it.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:28 AM

in all honesty i had some tranny issues but i had ordered a new solenoid and changed the fluid. i had been looking at a 08 since i figured the tranny was on its last leg. the truck was running right and tuned to boot. the dealership drove my truck and used nearly a 1/4 of a tank in a very short time so no doubt they were hotrodding it. they were smiling when i came back and made me the offer. the 08 was out of my budget although i really wanted it. i came back 2 weeks later after i saw the 06 i bought on the lot. my tranny was toast and within 2 miles of driving it would start throwing the tow haul light. strangely they walked out said hey i remember that truck and never drove the truck AT ALL. i really wanted more that 15500 but i also knew that the 18k i wanted was more than the rebuilt tranny it was going to have to have to get it.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Premium Member

I think that's a pretty good deal. I paid $21,000 for my '05 KR that had 73,000 miles back in April of '08. Now, my buddy just sold his '04 non-lariat F-350 that had 31,000 miles on it for $26,500 a couple months ago so I guess it's buyer dependent.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:44 PM

You could also try KBB.com and Edmonds.com to get a idea.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
its worth what someone is willing to pay for it, i got my 04 for 18500 with the plow in april of 09 with 45k
Old 01-01-2011, 06:36 PM

I just paid 18300 for a 2006 king ranch F-350 DRW 134k miles with hideway hitch spray-in bedliner, including moonroof and chrome all over.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackshadow View Post
You could also try KBB.com and Edmonds.com to get a idea.
This is only partially true. When diesel and gas went thru the roof in price people flooded the market with large suvs and trucks the various book values were way off as you could buy a nice superduty for 10-15k cheaper than book. I know I bought my 04 that way. Book value is a starting point, that with market avalibility and demand ultimately set the price. High fuel prices as well as the lack of construction jobs seems to lower the truck prices around my parts. About the only really good thing the book value is for... Banks to be able to set loan values.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.