P0069 -13f outside - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
P0069 -13f outside

It was -13f out today and out of the blue I get P0069, got the code from my Insight. I am gonna get the laptop out and hook up the Autoenginuity and see what I get...but I already deleted the code.

Any thoughts until I hook up the AE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
MAP sensor code. Some 05's dont have them
Old 12-30-2010, 04:55 PM

So i went for a drive tonight and watched MAP, barometric pressure, IAT2 and MAF with the Insight. 1st..well after looking with the AE there is a difference in the temps IAT2, the Insight says 20deg and the AE says -2deg. I am leaning towards something to do with the Insight and I will be updating my Insight later tonight.
Most importantly watching the MAP while driving most of the time it was right on, once I got into the throttle and created high pressure/boost situations the readings were all over the place. It (MAP)would get up to the 240's and then give me 0 or 30, some random # much lower than it should be.
Then pulled codes with the AE and got P0470 MIL pending...but did not get anything when I did KOER(except my EGR and FICM codes, see sig).

What should my next course of action be?

Side note
I did also get a U1262 PATS communication error, if I remember correctly. I will be doing a search on it to see what I can dig up. But this is the first time it has come up, the last time I had the AE on the EX was over 3 months ago.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:45 PM

i had a p0470 pop up after a rough cold start, truck ran fine after it warmed up so i cleared it still no codes though. wondered if the cold weather made it act funny
Old 12-31-2010, 03:54 PM

So if I am getting intermittent readings from the MAP sensor, can I clean it or does it have to be replaced?
Old 01-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Powerstroke Techie

First and foremost, if you have the capability to monitor BARO, MAP and EBP (all three in psi), that would be the first course of action. At key-on/engine-off, all three should indicate atmospheric pressure (about 14.7 psi in my neck of the woods), and all be within 0.3 psi of each other. If the ambient temperature is that cold, you might have an EBP tube freezing up with ice inside. But once the engine is started, it doesn't take long for it to melt, so this should be a non-issue. Nonetheless, when the engine is started, you should see a slight increase in MAP and EBP readings while BARO will remain constant throughout the entire operating range. If you are seeing MAP readings all over the place, the first thing I'd do is remove the hose, blow it out to remove all carbon that could be lodged in it. Ditto for the MAP sensor brass fitting in the intake, remove it and clean off all carbon deposits. If doing all this still results in MAP readings all over the place, change the MAP sensor or look for problems with your turbo.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:38 PM

I know the atmospheric is right on because I take barometric readings every hour at work and it was 96kpa last night at work and in the Ex. I will do the koeo to see if the other 3 are the same. The MAP only gave me intermittent readings in high boost situations, where the MAP was above 240kpa and boost was over 24 or 25. I cannot do much work on it until Monday. Can I still drive it if I keep the boost down?

Any thoughts on the PATS error U1262?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.