Key Turned to Aux - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 05:31 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Key Turned to Aux

Maybe a stupid question, but when I turn the key to aux (i think that's what its called--opposite way of ignition) my radio comes on (normal) but also the climate control runs, including interior fans. Is this normal? In all my other vehicles only the radio would run, maybe the windows or wipers would work but never the climate controls. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
im almost 100% sure my climate control stuff doesnt work with the key clicked backwards. my radio and windows work. i will double check and get back to you as soon as i can
Old 12-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Mine definitely does not do that.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:35 AM
shhhhh, can you hear it?

there should be two different positions aux and acc which the later turns on everything
Old 12-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Banned

There are 4 different positions.

In order from counter clockwise to clockwise...

1. Radio.
2. Off.
3. Run.
4. Start.

Turn your key counter clockwise from the off position. At least this is how it is on my truck.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian View Post
There are 4 different positions.

In order from counter clockwise to clockwise...

1. Radio.
2. Off.
3. Run.
4. Start.

Turn your key counter clockwise from the off position. At least this is how it is on my truck.
I just went and double checked again, and yah there is something definitely weird going on. When I turn my key to radio, the daytime running lights turn on, climate control turns on, radio and trailer brake control all turn on, very similar to the having the key in the run position but with out any dash startup lights (abs, check engine, airbag, etc) or any dinging. This is really quite annoying. The truck does have a remote start that was installed by the previous owner, so I don't know if they screwed something up.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmacdon View Post
I just went and double checked again, and yah there is something definitely weird going on. When I turn my key to radio, the daytime running lights turn on, climate control turns on, radio and trailer brake control all turn on, very similar to the having the key in the run position but with out any dash startup lights (abs, check engine, airbag, etc) or any dinging. This is really quite annoying. The truck does have a remote start that was installed by the previous owner, so I don't know if they screwed something up.
I'll just about be willing to put money on the remote start causing your issues. I hate those things and LOVE to tear them out and let them hit the garbage can.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddieseldoctor View Post
I'll just about be willing to put money on the remote start causing your issues. I hate those things and LOVE to tear them out and let them hit the garbage can.
With regards to the remote start, I had read somewhere that the electronic climate control will not turn on unless the key is turned to run (which won't happen with the remote start), so they have to send power to the climate control all the time, with some sort of "turn-on" connected (similar to a car stereo amplifier. So when the key is turned to accessory, or the remote starters "brain" receives signal the climate control comes on...Does this make any sense? (I can't get a hold of the original installers to see what they actually did)
Old 12-30-2010, 06:13 AM
Air Assault!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MPTonyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmacdon View Post
Reading your post above i was going to bet that there was a remote starter that is improperly installed that is causing your issue. I would take it to a shop and let them put the proper wires in the proper locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddieseldoctor View Post
Nothing wrong with a remote starter that is properly installed by an MECP certified Installer. The problem is everyone who owns a set on lineman's pliers thinks they have what it takes to install them. And while they may work, as you can see from above, they may cause issues if not connected properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.