Don't steal my truck please! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 08:51 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to jlindsey Send a message via AIM to jlindsey Send a message via MSN to jlindsey
Don't steal my truck please!

What anti-theft devices are everyone using, why do you use em, why do you like or dislike them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
I just use factory alarm and a kill switch that is hidden really well. I just use the factory because of the discount on insurance otherwise I wouldn't have on there just a kill switch. I have had bad experience with complex fancy pants alarms and they become more of a headache than they are worth. 99% of the time no one looks at a truck with the alarm going off anyway and if the guy really wants your truck then he will take it no matter what.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to rednek01 Send a message via Yahoo to rednek01
how did you rig the kill switch?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:16 AM

Send a message via ICQ to jlindsey Send a message via AIM to jlindsey Send a message via MSN to jlindsey
I guess that's understandable. Here in the computer security world same concept, you can do anything you want to protect data, if the attacker wants to get it bad enough, he will.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlindsey View Post
I guess that's understandable. Here in the computer security world same concept, you can do anything you want to protect data, if the attacker wants to get it bad enough, he will.
That is exactly right, computer security is ment for 99% of the world. The 1 percenters you generally can't stop.

Anyway if I go somewhere where I am REALLY worried I just bring my doberman pincher and let her stay in the truck if its not too hot.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I use three systems: 1) Truck club 2) Viper Alarm with all the bells and whistles and 3) Lo Jack with early warning system

Like was already said, this will only keep folks moving on to easier pickin's. If they truly want my truck, they're going to get it.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:25 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlson158 View Post
I use three systems: 1) Truck club 2) Viper Alarm with all the bells and whistles and 3) Lo Jack with early warning system

Like was already said, this will only keep folks moving on to easier pickin's. If they truly want my truck, they're going to get it.
How much did that cost ya?

I just have the factory system and an aftermarket one by Cobra, two pager, starter kill, remote start the usual, but I do miss Onstar from my chevy days, would be nice to have something like that on my F250.

-BG06.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The Viper alarm has the GPS and early warning system, but I opted for Lo Jack instead because the cops have that in their vehicles. It was $1,500 installed.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:47 AM
Premium Member

Well this one hits home with me. Yesterday my truck was broken in to while I was in the store no longer than 5 minutes. I have the Lojak early warning and factory alarm. Lojak only does you any good if the truck is stolen or moved. I ASSUMED the factory alarm would be sufficent. Not so. The way they got into my truck was they popped the passenger side lock. I can only figure that the alarm thought it was a key so it didn't go off. The ability to pop the lock so easily is a very weak link in these trucks. If any techs have insight on this I would like to hear.

Anyone have any ideas on upgrades to the factory door hardware?

My next step, an alarm with bells and whistles that doesn't interact with the key in the door and very dark tinted windows. The dark windows don't have allot to do with security but could help, I just want them
Old 07-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I just bought my truck then immediately I added a Viper Alarm System. It has the turbo timer, remote start and paging system that supposedly works up to a mile away. This usually cost about $475.00 installed. I would say well worth it though. It is nice to be in the mall and have your truck start so that you will have the a/c going before you get in the truck (I live in FLORIDA).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.