Its bad boys!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2007, 12:51 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Its bad boys!!!

Here the whole story. Bought 05 f 250 6.0 diesel harley edition a little over a week ago. The dealer sold me the truck and 6 days later while it was there the salesman asked me did I find the switch. My reply was what switch. He said the programmer switch is in the compartment under the sterring wheel and has three power levels. I was NEVER told this truck had a programmer on it prior to my purchase. 4 days into my ownership I notice a coolant smell and low degas tank so I called and talked with the salesman and he said bring it in they would check on it. Knowing what I do about warrantys and proggrammers I asked will this affect the warrannty since I didnot even know about it, He asked me to take it off which I already did anyways. Just got back from dealer the collant is being pushed out between the heads like all the others on here. They say they will fix it for a 100 dollar deductable. asked about the problem and they said the same type bolt will be replaced ford is still using the same bolt after the problems so this means it will happen again. He cant start for two weeks but says drive it til then. Is that safe? Anyone know were I stand legally in the state of GA. Do they have to give me a vehicle to drive. Is the 100 deductable right. Is there a way to cancel my contract since this is a fresh purchase or am I stuck with this pos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

the $100 bucks is correct.
They are however wrong about the head bolts. I know the service writer at my dealer (where my 04 is right now getting new gaskets, head bolts and EGR valve assembly) and he assures me the head bolts were changed.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:47 PM
im fat and ugly

id still get the arp headstuds for it
Old 06-28-2007, 01:49 PM

I understand that the bolts will be new. However they will be the same pos bolt thats was in it from the factory which will overtime do the same thing that its doing now.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning74 View Post
I understand that the bolts will be new. However they will be the same pos bolt thats was in it from the factory which will overtime do the same thing that its doing now.
I meant to type "new, re-designed stronger bolts"
I trust my buddy, he has no reason to pull my leg.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:54 PM

I sure hope so the guys here dont really know.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan"gerous" View Post
the $100 bucks is correct.
They are however wrong about the head bolts. I know the service writer at my dealer (where my 04 is right now getting new gaskets, head bolts and EGR valve assembly) and he assures me the head bolts were changed.
Hes mis-informing you. There have been no changes to the design of the bolt since day one. The only change was the gasket itself. That said, headgaskets are not near as common as people make them out to be, and probably 70-80 percent of them done were not the problem to begin with, it usually is the EGR cooler, which they usually replace while they are in there anyway, which leads to it seeming like the headgaskets fixed it even though they were not the problem to begin with. Some trucks do lift the heads, but its not nearly as common as its made out to be.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Try talking to your dealer about installing ARP studs ,instead of the the replacement head bolts.You my have to pick up the cost of the bolts but you won't blow another gasket because of bolt streah.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Marc as usual you are right on with this.From his original post Thought he saw the gasket leak himself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.