Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

D.J.'s Economy Tunes?

919 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Manatee 
#1 ·
So how is the "Economy Tune" going. What kind of mpg are you guys seeing?

#2 ·
Let me bump this for you to see if someone else can answer. I wish I could help but I stopped paying attention to fuel economy a long time ago. I like to race too much. :)

#4 ·
Hey, Bush Master.

I just ran DJ's economy/street tune from Corpus to San Antonio yesterday and got 19.3 mpg with the a/c on driving 65.

I'm going to switch back to stock on the way back today and see what I get.

#5 ·
Ok, thanks guys. I have the same problem Stump, I can't keep my foot out of the turbo... I get 13.5 in town and would like to see that improve..

#7 ·
All right, I'm back in Corpus Christi, but the test got screwed up. I ran back from San Antonio with the truck in "stock" mode, but there was bad weather and a bad headwind. I only got 17 mpg (which is still pretty good, but I wanted to have similar conditions for the test).

Like Stump said, the economy tune (mine is economy/street) adds enough power that it's hard not to put the hammer down:D I can't imagine the street or looney tunes. I'd hurt the truck if I either of those:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.